sheilahoff

IE10 not displaying footer

sheilahoff

On this dev site http://www.solsara.hoffmangraphics.com/ the background color for the footer is not displaying in IE10 (I haven't checked older IE). I imagine there's some special IE code needed but I don't know how to discover that. Any direction greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

James B

Hi Sheila

It looks like the background has been applied to the footer using css.

background-image-moz-linear-gradient(center top , rgba(118, 122, 5, 0.8), rgba(118, 122, 5, 0.9));

Different browsers will use different css for the background gradients. For the full browser specific code see below, tailor to fit your gradient. 

background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top,rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8),rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9));

background-image: -ms-linear-gradient(top,rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8),rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9));

background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear,0 0,0 100%,from(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)),to(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)));

background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8),rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9));

background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top,rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8),rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9));

background-image: linear-gradient(top,rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8),rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9));

background-repeat: repeat-x; filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr=’rgba(0,0,0,0.8)’, endColorstr=’rgba(0,0,0,0.9)’, GradientType=0);

border-top: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9);

filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorStr=’#444444′,EndColorStr=’#222222′);

}

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

batman

HI James B

Thanks, I take note

wpml_mail.gif

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

James B

:thumbsu:

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

sheilahoff

Meanwhile...I didn't even NEED a gradient there so the best solution was to simply make it a solid color. And I can even add a transparency and it still works in all browsers. Not sure how I ended up with a gradient code in there. No matter. I'll save this link for future reference. Thanks.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Rob

No problem.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur