Sign in to follow this  
xcel7

drop down menu on mud theme

xcel7    1
xcel7

Hello, I like the mud theme a lot, but I can't find the way to get a dropdoawn menu. Does it work on this theme?

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

The Mud theme will take the main menu, there's no options for the sidebar menu unfortunately. It doesn't include drop downs or custom menus using the pre-set section in the sidebar. You can create something similar using a widget and a custom menu, but you'll need to style the menu manually. 

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• digamama
      By digamama
      Hello everyone! 

I'm having an issue with my website (here's the link...screenshot also attached). If you take a look you'll see that the top navigation (the item titled 'Advisory') has one item listed below it ('Case Studies'). That dropdown has additional pages under it, so it's Advisory --> Case Studies --> list of items. The problem is there's a huge vertical gap between the first dropdown option and submenu options. I hope I'm making sense...

Can you please help me find the CSS selector to align the sub-drop down menu? 

• spacle2xl
      By spacle2xl
      Hi and Good day.

I have attached a screenshot in this post. Please, I want to change the blue there to a shade of red... just same with the active bg color on the nav bar cus am not using anything blue on my design.

I kinda used google developer tools to locate this

.dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item > a {.....

So I added this in the custom CSS section on pagelines

#menu li .dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item > a { background-color: #cc0033; }

But it didn't work. I know I got it wrong... Please help. Thanks
    • mediaworksdesign
      By mediaworksdesign
      Hello. I've searched through the forums and have tried different things and nothing is working for me. The drop down menu has stopped working since updating - it's just not showing up at all.

Website URL: www.sacerandsavive.com
      Framework Version: 2.4.2
      WordPress Version: 3.5.1
      Plugins in Use: WooCommerce, embed code generator, events manager, etc.
      Server/Host: Dreamhost

• lmkestle
      By lmkestle
      I need to change the font used overall in my site.  I've downloaded the font and changed the css.  I can see via chrome and firebug that the site is looking for the font but can't find it (see attached).  I've uploaded what I think are the right font files to the font folder where the other fonts are stored.  Is this the correct place to put them?  Where should they be so that the website can find them.  Thanks so much.

Lorraine

site url:  http://www.kestlemedia.com/kooki/books/

• lmkestle
      By lmkestle
      I am trying to change the background color of the drop down menu in my main navigation. When you hover over the drop down menues the color is blue but I need it to be a different color.   I know it's a link, but I want to change the color to something else.

Here is a link to the site:  http://www.kestlemedia.com/kooki/

I've used firebug and google chrome to try target the html/css.  I've attached what they give me.  When I try to add css to target this I can't get anything to change.  I'm not sure what exactly I should be targeting I guess.  Would appreciate some guidance on this.

I've tried a few variation but mostly along these lines:

.dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item a {background-color:#ffffff;} - seems this should work but have also tried all kinds of other ones. 

.dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item a:hover {background-color:#ffffff;}

.dropdown-menu li a:hover{background-color:#ffffff;} .nav-collapse collapse{background-color:#ffffff;} ul #menu-main-navigation  .font-sub navline pldrop pull-left{background-color:#ffffff;}       Thanks so much.   Lorraine