Sign in to follow this  
theoptimystic

Buddypress and Duplicate content

theoptimystic

hello,

I am using buddypress version 1.7.2 and I am getting double content in some areas. It's like content is being called twice in the activity stream and on friend's profile pages (oddly not on my own profile page).

I will attach some screen shots of what I am seeing. The first attachment (called friendprofile) shows you the double buttons. This is on the profile pages of friends..not on my own profile just friend's profiles.

The second attachment shows you double content entries in the activity stream.

Here's the site: http://devwork.thinkwithyourheart.com/

We're trying to find these hooks as they seem to be being called twice.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Kim

friendprofile.tiff

activitypage.tiff

James B

Hi there,

Do you have buddypress template pack plugin installed? Have you updated anything buddypress related since the template pack was initially installed? We had this happen the other day with other client who had duplicated content and he found removing the buddypress template pack and the associated files it installed when it was added. Then re-installing and completing the initial setup process again removed the duplicate results. So it seemed like something either hadn't been set in the template pack, or had been edited since the files were moved.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Denis Ciumbargi

Buddypress should now work without buddypress template pack. Version 1.7 made sure of that officially.

Version 1.8 is already around the corner and Pagelines is still dependant on buddypress template pack. So many other plugins that have been updated for buddypress 1.7 do not work anymore within pagelines unless buddypress template pack is removed. I tried to do that when 1.7 was released but got content displayed on half of the width of the page and other errors. A plugin to remove the buddypress template pack dependencies or a list of files that can be removed should be here in the docs or somewhere when Pagelines will not depend on buddypress template pack.

Where there is love, I'll be there.

James B

Hi there, currently the template pack is required for buddypress, the theme didn't update when the last version of buddypress did to make the pair compatible. This will most probably be included in the next major edition, it has been under discussion recently and hasn't been forgotten. 

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B