Sign in to follow this  
crogers

WPML Issues with Features and Boxes

crogers    1
crogers

Hello,

Hit a brick wall with getting Features and Boxes to display on German version of homepage.

http://diskshred.eu/de/

I've attached a screenshot - I can't seem to associate the German version of the page with the box or feature sets. But it seems impossible to do this in Meta on the German translation of the page?

I have already translated the actual features and boxes using the WPML plugin. It should display like so http://diskshred.eu/ - except in German.

I'm using default-features and boxes and these are both set up properly in templates.

Any ideas greatly appeciated. I'm not really a coder but can dive in if necessary!

Versions:

Wordpress 3.5.1

Pagelines 2.4.2

WPML 2.8.2

Rob    547
Rob

Hi.

When you go to the page where the slider is located, and scroll down, click PageLines Meta Settings, then Features, are you selecting a feature set?

Do you have a feature set created in the German site? With slides uploaded and paired to the set?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

crogers    1
crogers

Hello,

Yes, I hadn't created a new feature set to house the translations. Phew. Thanks!

Ciara

Rob    547
Rob

No problem. Glad that worked.

kneops    4
kneops

crogers I see you're using PL and WPML and I want to do the same, and have a question about this.

I have a client with multiple domains, each for a different country/language.

I want to create just one site. Is it possible with the combination of PL and WPML to have different content on specific (home)pages? And I don't just mean a different translation, but different setup of, for instance, boxes etc. Like on the english site just a feature slider and and a few boxes, and on the german site a different feature slider, no boxes, a banner and a footer.

By the way, http://diskshred.eu/de/ looks really good!

crogers    1
crogers

Hello,

I just checked and yes it does seem possible. When you create another language version of your page, e.g. the homepage, Pagelines/Wordpress/WPML treats it it as another standalone page and therefore you have access to Page Attributes where you can change the template it's attached to. You can also access Pagelines Meta Settings where you can change layout, Boxes, Features etc. without it affecting the original default language page.

Hope this helps!

Ciara

• Like 1

Rob    547
Rob

Thanks for contributing Ciara!