Sign in to follow this  
jdbrasesco

iBlogPro4: centering header image

jdbrasesco

I'm having header issues since upgrading iBlogPro versions: iBlogPro4 | WordPress 3.0.1 | http://hungryitalian.com/blog/ I inserted the header image URL into the Theme Options > Header and Nav section. The resulting header image is off-center. How do I center it? I'd also like to force align it to the top of the page. Is that possible? Finally, the Search box is positioning itself below the menu bar. How do I fix that? Thanks for your help. -J.D.

cmunns

J.D. the header image is off alignment because it's larger than 960px which is the maximum size for the image to fit. Also, to force align it you need to get rid of the whitespace around the image as that will just look like padding. We recently updated themes so the searchbar doesn't do that anymore but it will fix itself if you use WP3.0 menus to do the menu, it's a much more flexible approach anyway although you have to manually add pages.

jdbrasesco

Thanks Adam. I added the WP 3.0 Menu and that resolved the searchbar issue. I put a new test header image in at 960px and it is centered. There does still seem to be some padding at the top that keeps the image from being at the absolute top (3-4px of beige background image showing at the top). Can that space be eliminated? I really wanted my header image to be the same width as my background image which is wider than 960px. Any way to work around the 960px limit? Thanks again.

bryan-hadaway

The easiest fix would be to add the following to your Custom CSS: `.headerimage{margin-top:-10px}` Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

As far as this is concerned...

I really wanted my header image to be the same width as my background image which is wider than 960px. Any way to work around the 960px limit?
No, there isn't a way around it, but I may be misunderstanding...you could use CSS to get rid of the beige area around the header which would make it more flush. Originally this is how it would look.