Sign in to follow this  
bobbekaer

Styling the two sidebars differently

bobbekaer    0
bobbekaer

Hi :-)

I am trying to style the Primary Sidebar and the Secondary Sidebar differently. On the PS (left) I am looking for a way to change the line height, font and font-color in the Custom Menu Widget

On the SB (right) I want to style the Text Widget to have the gradient background and the shadows. But the problem is that on some of the pages I need to use the Text Widget without the background in the PS.

I guess one way would to add the background in the html in the Text Widget - but I would like to make it easier for the client to change the text in the widget without being confronted with the html ;-)

The site I am working on: http://manometer.wpforalle.dk/plo-frederiksberg/

The clients demo-site: http://www.manometer.dk/job/PLOfrederiksberg/plo_login_nylaeger.html

greenfly    230
greenfly

Bobbekaer 

You can do this with CSS, , I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the Masthead sections to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/ 

you can use .Page-id-xx (where xx is the ID of your page) to restrict styling to a particular page 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bobbekaer    0
bobbekaer

Hi Martin

I am trying to figure this out using Firebug - for changing the Custom Menu I added this to Custom CSS:

.widget ul li {
    font-size: 0.95em;
    list-style: none outside none;
    line-height: 28px;

}

.widget ul li a {
    text-decoration: none;
    color: #000000;
}

.widget ul li a:hover {
    color: # 539aa9;
}

.widget ul li a:active {
    color: #000000;
}

But only the a:hover and the line-height is working - and I am going crazy :-D 

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Bolette,

Did you try applying a custom class to the menu items in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus?  You can then apply styling to that unique class in CSS.

As for the text widget, I think you just need to apply a class as the first line of the text widget, and ask your client to leave that and the closing </div> alone.  You can then set a background for the unique class.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bobbekaer    0
bobbekaer

Hi Rob,

I did now - and it works. I added this 

/*----- VENSTRE SIDEBAR MENU -----*/
.menu-venstre-sidebar {
	font-size: 16px !important;
	line-height: 32px;
	ul li a:hover: #5CA4B3 !important;
}

.menu-venstre-sidebar a:hover {
	color: #5CA4B3 !important;
	text-decoration: none !important;
}

.menu-venstre-sidebar a:active {
	color: #000000 !important;
	text-decoration: none !important;
	font-weight: bold !important;
}

But I can't figure out how to do: show selected item in bold text? But maybe that is a new topic? 

But anyway, thank you :-)

bobbekaer    0
bobbekaer

And thank you Martin

Using the page ID will be usefull :-)

Best

Bolette