Adding tag around widget title.

I'm trying to add a span tag around a widget title, but I can't find where Pagelines is generating the code around widget titles.  In what file might I find that?  Changing the php in the actual widget's files doesn't have any effect so I'm assuming pagelines is overriding it somewhere.

The current code is...

<h3 class="widget-title">FEATURED PROPERTIES</h3>

I need it to be...

<h3 class="widget-title"><span>FEATURED PROPERTIES</span></h3>

James B

Hi there,

I've checked the hooks reference and you should be able to create this affect using a wordpress filter. You'll need to add the code to either a child themes or the customize plugins functions.php.

The code on this link contains the filter and should help - http://wpquestions.com/question/show/id/3502

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• KathleenAspenns
      By KathleenAspenns+
      I would like to upgrade my site to PHP 7, but there is an error warning in the PL Framework theme. I should think this should be fixed asap, I cannot be the only person trying to be up to date.
      1976 | ERROR | preg_replace() - /e modifier is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0
    • Dan Haddock
      By Dan Haddock
      DMS: Latest Version
      Running a Child Theme
      Wordpress: 4.8.3
      Akismet Anti-Spam 
      Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd
      Contact Form 7
      Cookie Law Info
      DMS Professional Tools    
      Enhanced Media Library
      Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
      Google XML Sitemap    
      Jetpack by WordPress.com
      MailChimp for WordPress
      PageLines Updater
      Really Simple SSL
      Schema App Structured Data
      Sucuri Security - Auditing, Malware Scanner and Hardening  
      Uber reCaptcha
      Yoast SEO
      Problem Below
      Hi Team,
      I am looking to style the Continue Reading Button with the PHP you provided in an earlier ticket here: 
      I put the PHP code into my site, however I do not get my Icon back, I just get back Read More >>
      I have attached a screenshot of the code in place on my site along with the output.
      Interested to know what I may be doing wrong? - I am very new to PHP so a bit apprehensive on this.
      The Images: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0i4JJXa2jdQN2xoakZNRUdmaU0
      Let me know if you need any more information from me.
    • Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      I have been unsuccessfully trying to get my 3-column widgetized footer aligned centered. The widget section itself is aligned left because the alignment appears to be controller the widget's content only. The container that contains the widget section is aligned centered. I have chosen a 3 column layout and I added 3 widgets, assuming they would be aligned centered.
      Any idea of what I may be doing wrong?
      The page is question is: http://www.michaelkummer.com
    • casseysdesigns
      By casseysdesigns+
      In the past I would use nextbox for this task. However, Platform 5 does not have nextbox. I will do my best to describe what I am trying to do.
      I am creating a template for coaches, each product has its own link but they all share a common coach id. I want to set up the templates with the links for each product with a variable for the coach id so that I can change the coach id for all the links on the site by just changing the value of the variable $coachId. To do this I'll need to do something like the following...
      <a href="salesite.com/productcodes/referringRepId=<?= $coachId ?>" target="_blank">Product Purchase Link</a> Is it possible to do this with Platform 5?
    • novusweb
      By novusweb+
      We're seeing an abnormal break in widgets in Safari (El Capitan v10.11.4). 3 Widgets set for 4 of 12 columns each breaks correctly in Chrome and Firefox, but the 3rd widget goes to another line in Safari.
      Screenshot attached.
      Hoping there's a CSS fix you could recommend in the meantime, until an update. You can see this on our home page: www.novusweb.com.