Sign in to follow this  
szool

newsflash?

szool

Is there some way I can insert a scrolling marquee between my main nav menu and the feature section where I can announce "breaking news" with a link to the relevant post? I tried a bunch of plugins but nothing really does what I'd like it to do. Just curious if you heard of anything I know this is a not a problem with the theme or anything. Thanks!

catrina

I don't think a plugin is necessary for that. There is a marquee code that can make it happen. Will this marquee display just one link to a post in a particular category (i.e. a "Featured Posts" category or whatever else)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

szool

One link would be fine. Although perhaps it would be nice to have multiple links, for example a marquee called "Breaking News" and it can rotate the top 2 or 3 news stories. But if it can only do one link I can work with that. At least I will be able to call attention to something and they can click the link to go to the page to learn more. So it could link directly to a post within a category, or perhaps to a static page. Most likely directly to a post.

bryan-hadaway

Actually, I believe you can use the NextGen plugin that comes with your theme like this. I would recommend looking into that first and then setting it up as best as you can. I think you would just need help with placement. Thanks, Bryan

szool

I'm looking at it now... it does not specifically say "marquee" are we hacking the slideshow feature to get the intended effect?

bryan-hadaway

No, you won't see marquee, but that's basically what it is, using carousel + NextGen you can get the effect you're looking for. I've seen others use it in the forum. Thanks, Bryan

szool

ahhh.... I see. Very interesting. Well, I use the feature page template as my front page, so can I use the carousel at the same time? I would want the "marquee" function on the front page near the top. I set the carousel template on this page to play with it, but get errors. Is there a doc on how to set it up? http://citizenmediagroup.com/ads/