Sign in to follow this  
paksty

Fonts look different when viewed on mobile phone

paksty

Hi Pagelines Team,

My website www.paksty.com looks alright when viewed on any computer but when I browse it on iPhone all the fonts look different as though there is some default setting applied to them.

Could you please explain what the problem might be.

Thank you

Rob

Hi,

The first thing to understand is that different browsers render code in different ways.  For example, IE8 & 9 will change the way an image is scaled, actually refusing to scale some images. So, it comes as little surprise that a mobile browser, which much resize fonts dynamically, will look different.  Quite often, it's not even the browser, but the font, which cannot be smoothly resized.  Personally I use a font in my business that looks good in some sizes, but becomes fuzzy in other sizes.

My first recommendation is thus to select a similar, but different font using our Google Fonts plugin (free in the Store).  Replace the one that's misbehaving and see if the condition exists with the replacement. Try a few.

Next, if that doesn't work, then you may need some specific CSS, but I fear that will result in the site being non-responsive in mobile devices. Before we go down that path, I'm fairly confident the font replacement will work.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur