Sign in to follow this  
mashav

Poppy contact form close button doesn't work

mashav    0
mashav

I added the poppy plugin and used it in my site. The only problem is that when it pops and I want to cancel, I try the close button but it doesn't close the pop up screen. I have to refresh the page so that it goes away. Even when a message is sent, it gives me a "great job, your message was sent" but still can't close the window. Any ideas?

See here:

http://staging.eatingcookingfooding.com/faq

Thanks

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello mashav 

First thing, Please try disabling all non-pagelines plugins and then seeing if the Poppy-form works correctly. There may be a clash. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

mashav    0
mashav

Hi

thanks for the answer. I tried this and disabled everything but poppy and it still didn't work. I saw that the bg color changes to black, then nothing happens and then when I click on the screen it goes back to normal (not grey) and the pop up shows, then it's not closing. Sometimes it goes back to gray bg and it can be closed.. 

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

I've just taken a look and as soon as i click on the modal button it closes. So i seem to be getting the opposite of what you're seeings. If you could go to Pagelines>site options>advanced and check the debug tab.

First you have a cache plugin installed, which can affect with the results you see. Please clear the cache inside the plugin prior to disabling it. Then disable the other plugins to see if the changes take affect. Make sure to clear your browser cache as well.

There does seem to be a js clash with a plugin called restaurant rating? So test disabling that.

Let us know if any of the above has an affect.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

mashav    0
mashav

Thanks James, it worked. Now I reactivated the plugin and it's still okay, hopefully will stay that way.

thank you

Have a nice day

Rob    547
Rob

I'll let James know.  Glad you were able to get it working!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur