Sign in to follow this  
laurenp

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() Error

laurenp

Hi There,

I am getting an error intermittently on my site.

Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in xxxxxxxxx/website/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/less.plugin.php on line 438

I have tried disabling plugins as I thought it might have been related to Next Gen Gallery, however the error doesn't show up all the time and I can't see any record of incompatibility with that plugin on the forum so am not convinced that is the issue.

I guess I was hoping for a better understanding of the error so I could know where to start. I'd wondered if there was some issue with my CSS given it mentioned the less plugin?

I am using the latest version of wordpress, pagelines with the Event Esspresso Plugin, All in one SEO, Advanced most recent posts and a number of the pagelines plugins.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

James B

Hi there, do you have the pagelines sections plugin installed and activated?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

laurenp

Yup - and I have all standard pagelines sections plus soapboxes installed...

James B

Ok couple of things to try.

Copy all your custom css and paste it into a blank text document so you have a copy. Then delete your css and save.

Disable all plugins.

Go to pagelines>site options>advanced>debug and check the debug box.

You should now see a new tab in the wp admin bar saying flush less, press this and see if the error still appears.

If it doesn't paste in your css and save, see if the error comes back. If it does, there's something in the css.

If it doesn't, start activating plugins one by one to see which one is causing the conflict.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

laurenp

Thanks James, so far I've only been able to replicate the error once in about 20 page views and that is with everything currently enabled. I am wondering if perhaps its when I flick back from editing to the live site? It is really sporadic so very hard to troubleshoot in this manner as 95% of the time it will work. Will keep at it but it may take a while. Cheers!

James B

You're welcome, keep us posted.

It could be the error is displaying on occasion before the page is fully loaded. If you do manage to catch it take a screen shot or video cast.

James B

laurenp

Hi James,

I've been tracking this issue for a while now and I think it is as you say - to do with the page fully loading. thanks for your assistance on this.

greenfly

thanks for the update 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"