Sign in to follow this  
szool

tags not sorting

szool

I need my tags to sort alphabetically. I have tried multiple tag plugins that allow sorting and the sorting function does not work on any of them. The developers all say the plugins work fine and the problem is in my database or with my theme. Any ideas? http://citizenmediagroup.com

cmunns

What tags are you trying to re-order...ones beneath the posts? Because a plugin wouldn't modify that you will have to edit the function directly but it's easy to do if you want help.

szool

no in the sidebar I have a widget that lists all the tags in a drop-down (it is titled "Search by Topic") I have that set to sort alphabetically but it has no effect. http://citizenmediagroup.com

bryan-hadaway

Is that a new plugin you installed or a the default tags widget found in WordPress? I would try the default one. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

Then you will have to contact the plugin author if it's not working as expected.

szool

it is a plugin but I have tried 8 different plugins and they all do not sort alphabetically even though those plugins work fine for everyone else.

bryan-hadaway

When I looked last, it looked like the tag count was enabled, could that be messing it up? Again, did you try the default WordPress widget for this already, before trying the 3rd party ones? I'm effectively using the categories widget which is exactly the same as the tags widget on my PageLines themed blog. You don't have multiple tags plugins activated at the same time do you, this may cause a conflict? Thanks, Bryan

szool

I turned the tag count on just to see what it was doing. It seems to actually be sorting by tag count, not alpha. If I turn that off, it remains the same. No change in sort order. I did try the default WordPress tag cloud and that sorts fine, but it is a tag cloud and I really want a drop-down. But the plug-ins work for everyone else.... weird. No multiple plugins, only one Tag plugin.

cmunns

Then it's possible that it's conflicting with another plugin you have. The theme should work seamlessly with such a simple plugin Has anybody reported conflicts with other plugins?