Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Exclude category from main blog page

3 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I would like to exclude one category from the main blog page. 

The idea is to keep 'lighter' posts out of the main flow of posts.

This seems so obvious now, I may have overlooked the obvious way to go about this. 

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Ok thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Custom design for different category pages
      By mzhafzah
      I am using DMS 2 theme and I want to create a 2 different links on my website; each link should take you to a different blog post category. Although the process is easy, yet I can not figure out how to give each category page a unique design of its own; Any change I make on any page is applied to the other (I'm aware of the universal elements like the header and footer and I a am not talking about these.)
      Since I am new to wordpress in general, I am not sure if my description is sufficient; apologies if it is not.
    • Modify postloop by category
      By morrisjohnc
      My blog has two separate types of post content, both of which need to be created as posts, not pages, in WP.
      On the category pages, Bespoke pulls the featured image and the 10 word excerpt (or whatever is provided for in the excerpts post field).  How can I get certain categories to show the full content of a post and others this standard format with the "read more" button?
      Question 2 - Is it possible to have different templates for different category listing pages?  Example, use the postloop for one category and the masonic gallery for another?
      Thank you in advance for your help!
    • Default Category/Post Thumbnail
      By aldisney+
      I was wondering if there was a relatively easy to way automatically assign a thumbnail to a post category when displaying posts in the Masonic Gallery format, when the post doesn't have a featured image? I've got a client with a ton of posts that just won't have any featured images, but each category has a header image. I'd like to display the header image as the thumbnail for all these posts, since, going forward, my client does actually plan to use featured images.
    • Listing posts by category
      By bartoncollege
      I'm having difficulty getting a list of posts on a landing page.  I would like to achieve something like the Posts widget, but I need to be able to specify categories, include excerpts, and display the post dates.  I've tried using the Column section and adding the [display-posts] shortcode, but this shortcode doesn't get processed.  Only the shortcode text shows up.  Am I missing something?
    • Custom Category Pages
      By canadvo
      Our organization would like a section on just one of our category pages which would filter posts in that category by tag. It seems that everything I've read--on these forums, pagelines documentation and other wordpress forums--has said it is impossible to customize the layout of a specific category page differently from the others, meaning that all category pages will appear the same (apart from using a plugin like widget logic).

So I'm trying to figure out if I did the "impossible" with DMS2, and want an opinion on whether I should assume this change will hold.
      The images I'm linking each show a different category layout from our dev site. The first one is the layout that all of the categories use. This is a snap of the "Blog" category. There is a set DMS template called "Blogtest" assigned to this layout.

The second image is the "News" category page that I seemed to have successfully customized.
      How I did this: I unlinked the "News" category page from the "Blogtest" template and I changed the scope from type to local. Then I added/removed some sections and edited the meta bar on the post loop section to clearly distinguish the layout from the other categories.

Is this something that is known to be possible? Is changing the scope from type to local the magic fix?
      Our dev site is not accessible to the public due to our firewall, but I could whitelist an IP for a mod. If one of you want to take a closer look, PM me.

Website URL: (not publicly accessible)
      Framework Version: DMS
      WordPress Version: 4.0
      Plugins in Use: Don't have a list, don't know if any of them would be at all relevant.
      Server/Host: Litespeed