Sign in to follow this  
photobloghk

Thumbnail won't resize in Home

photobloghk

Hi, I just search through the website and found there are some people asking similar questions, and there are solutions too.

I have followed all these steps, but it still doesn't work for me.

My site is this one:

http://www.photoblog.hk/life/

I would like to change the thumbnail size too 300px x 300px, as in question1.jpg

I tried to change the media setting, and while I checked the source code in chrome, it's changed to 300px x 300px

but it doesn't changed as displayed...

Please kindly advise what I should do...? 

Many thanks =)

post-50388-0-99621300-1371016091_thumb.j

post-50388-0-52292500-1371016098_thumb.j

Rob

Hi,

This is a Wordpress common issue.  Even though you resize the featured image (thumbnail) settings in Dashboard > Settings > Media, it doesn't show on the site.

The solution is simple.  Install, activate and run Regenerate Thumbnails. http://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

Please read the instructions for that plugin as they are extremely important.  Note: We do not provide support for third-party plugins so reading the info available is key to getting it right, as well as patience. Once the plugin has completed its task (often a long time if you have many posts) the thumbnails will be resized according to Settings > Media.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

photobloghk

Hi Rob,

From the very beginning, I was using 300px x 300px thumbnail in my old theme

And even I tried the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin but it's still doesn't work for me....

I think it's something related to css setting...?

greenfly

photobloghk - did you try Rob's advice? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

photobloghk

Hi Martin

Yes I did, but it doesn't work :(

Danny

Hi, The thumbnail isn't resizing as you're using the thumbnail option "Left Justified", this option has a hardcoded style of width:25%. Therefore, you will need to attempt to override with CSS or use one of the alternative options.

Please search our forums, before posting!