stefanoferruggiara

Problem with Direct Admin Backup

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

Hi,

yesterday i see that my site lost some setting (widget footer section - pagelines framework non updates)

I call my host in Milano... and he told me that for a problem i made a backup...

Everytime he do that.. i lost my setting...

How is it possible... ?? Only on my site with pagelines..

"Se c'è una sola possibilità.. lo faccio, se non c'è.. la creo!"

Coach Stefano Ferruggiara, Allenatore Fisico & Mentale

Simon    247
Simon

The settings are stored in the database, so maybe he is only backing up files. I have no idea how direct admin or your host works.

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

The only problem i have with the site where there is Pagelines.. that lost some setting.. not all.. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

I think the best course of action is for you to contact your host again and ask them to investigate further, as Simon mentioned we have idea how your backup system on your host works.

Please search our forums, before posting!

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

OK.. i will :) Thanks!

Rob    547
Rob

Great.  Your host is best in this matter.

Ciao Stefano!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• bloom1creative
      By bloom1creative+
      Hi me again guys

So dunno if it's due to using Voyant, which incidentally whenever there is a DMS update really buggers up and loses all my layouts and templates.  I'm going to have to force it to not update and anytime I edit a template that comes with the theme, as soon as I update DMS it resets.

Really love DMS but recently been doing my head in with unreliability of saved sections, templates etc.  My saved sections work fine 5/6 times, but eventually if I place, then unlock, place, unlock, the content will just vanish and I'll have to go and remake another one.  

Plugins all disabled and this has occurred on all my installs on different hosting platforms, wordpress installs, etc.

Really gutted as I'm going to have to start looking at a more reliable system, my clients have noticed this behaviour and blame me for it too which I don't have time to keep giving to remake lost saved sections etc.

Thanks for your hlep
    • bloom1creative
      By bloom1creative+
      Hi guys   I have used DMS lots now, and generally really love it.  I've had a couple of issues recently where the Js/CSS appears to just fail when trying to go into the front end, and I am presented with a very long webpage of all my site plus all the dms stuff on one page, including the store etc almost like something hasn't loaded correctly.  Anyway I just deleted those two installs and reinstalled, and it worked fine again.   I have been building a new site, and it was all going great until today... I drag Widgetizer areas and similar, and for instance a span3 column on the top header that WAS working fine, suddenly just stopped functioning correctly and the span3 now appears smaller than the rest for no apparent reason, and it's intermittent.  The issue with the Widgetizer seems ONLY on the footer area, where nothing will save or stay put anymore.All plugins were disabled, still the same issue.  The site has not been customised in any other way by myself.   Any help would be great as I have a headache trying to work this out :/
    • srussel2
      By srussel2
      nevermind x___x
    • stefanoferruggiara
      By stefanoferruggiara
      Hi there..
      I'm trying to set a .jpg image like a background.. and i'm trying to set the postion but in vertical and orizontal doesn't work.. the image is 1300 x 1300 pixel (72)

Site: www.stefanoferruggiara.com

Thanks for fast reply;)