Sign in to follow this  
pato

Strange link format

pato

Can anyone tell me why my links are getting strange hashtags after them? There is nothing in the settings > permalinks to warrant this. 

When you click on items on the nav bar, it initially reloads the plain normal links, then redirects to the mumbo jumbo link. 

http://loveinourowntime.com/synopsis/#.UbO6oDHkDkQ

Rob

Hi Pato,

That is a part of Twitter Bootstrap and how it handles links in the NavBar for drop down lists.

Any parent level link will default to a hash tag and solely open the drop down list, not a link.  To get the original link to go where you want it, that link must be added to the child level of the menu.  We suggest people use the parent as the first child. All child menu items will link as desired. It is only the parent level where this occurs.  It does not happen elsewhere in the site, normally.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pato

Thanks heaps. :) Appreciate your timely help!

I think I've fixed the issue now by manually adding all the links to the menu. :| ??

However, does this mean if someone copies and pastes a link, they will get redirected to the funny url format? 

Rob

Well, since the link in the parent level doesn't take them anywhere except to drop down the child menu, I'm not quite sure how they'd copy the link.  If they click a child menu item, they will go to the directed place, and can copy the link there, as they should. That would work perfectly.

I hope this answers your question, and that I'm being clear. It's a rather odd thing to have to explain. :)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur