mattv151

Recent posts by catagory

mattv151    0
mattv151

Is there a way to create 4 boxes across my home page one that has a genral image with a list of my latest 3 to 5 posts from my weddings catagory then one for engagements and so forth?  Ive attached a image of what Im trying to accomplish.  I wouldnt mind making the grey area for the text alittle transparent too.

Thank you for your help

post-50302-0-03185700-1370664162_thumb.j

batman    389
batman
Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

I use the PageLines Grid System to create the boxes across. For each 'box' I create two rows.  The top line will have the image, the second line is where I use Special Recent Posts, which is a highly configurable method of pulling posts from the loop, dynamically, so that only the latest X number of posts display from a category.  You can have it display a post thumbnail or just text.   Depending on whether you're using a sidebar, four boxes can be very 'tight' looking unless it's a full-width page, without sidebar.

As Batman correctly suggests, you can also use Boxes in conjunction with Special Recent Posts or other methods of displaying posts.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mattv151    0
mattv151

Ok so where can I get info on Special recent posts?

Rob    547
Rob

While there is a premium version, I recommend the free one, which works perfectly. You just have to customize the shortcode. Their documentation is very helpful.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mattv151    0
mattv151

I bought the pro version of special recent posts.  it was only $8.  I still havent figured out how to get it to do what I want it to.  Im trying to do whats on the front page of this website.   www.salcincotta.com   Or at least something similar.  Id be happy if it showed just the most recent post of each catagory. with the posts feature image maybe.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Special Recent Posts is not a PageLines product. If you require support, you will need to contact the developer of the plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!