mbrassart

Form in a Box

mbrassart

Hello!  I am having trouble with contact forms on my site.  Contact Forms 7 successfully using Pagelines

It work perfectly with this form http://keptos.com/in...ntact-form-1009

If the form is in a Box like in

http://keptos.com/in...ntact-form-1372

It dont work

You can capture datas 

but they would not be registered

Any ideas on what might be causing this problem?  I just need a basic contact form that works... nothing special!

Thank you

Max

James B

Hi Max

Your contact form is showing inside the box, by data capture are you saying you have another plugin which is registering the data and collecting from the form responses?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

James B

If you have another plugin active which is collecting the data it could that its not setup to collect the data from a custom post type. If you put the form in the standard page within pagelines does it give the same result?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

James B

Hi there,

Data in boxes is saved as a custom post type, so you'd need to speak to the plugin author to see if there's a way the plugin can capture that data, they might be able to provide a hook or filter which can act as a work around to save the content. It sounds as if the plugin if looking for the data in the main content area or the loop.

James B

mbrassart

Do you have a solution to capture Form data in a Box (i.e. contact form) ?

Thank you

Max

James B

Hi there,

Unfortunately not, at least not currently. The only contact option we have is the poppy form, but this will only work by emailing you the form content, it doesn't save any of the information provided in to the database.

James B