Sign in to follow this  
[Deleted User]

Change color on navbar?

cmunns

the selector you used here in jftest `a, .commentlist cite, .commentlist cite a, #sub_head #subnav .current_page_item a, #grandchildnav .current_page_item > a, .branding h1 a:hover, #nav ul li a:hover, #nav .current_page_item a, #nav .current_page_item a:hover, #nav .current_page_ancestor a, #nav .current_page_parent a, #nav ul li a:active, .post-comments a:hover` is correct, where did you place it? IT is being over ridden by other css.

[Deleted User]

Any answers to this? Thanks.

catrina

Hello, A hex code color is usually only six characters and when there's more than that, the color refuses to work. Can you delete a letter from the hex code that you posted (i.e. perhaps the last "a") and then add a semicolon directly after the hex code?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

[Deleted User]

Hmm, not sure how I got that number. I just tried this custom css: #navbar ul li a:hover{color:#5e00c3;} And nothing has changed.

catrina

Hi, Since your current default color scheme is blue, you need to adjust the color for that active link in the CSS file for that blue color scheme. To do that, please do the following: 1) Go to pro > CSS > color_blue.css in your theme files. 2) In that CSS file, find this code:

#nav .current_page_item a:hover, #nav .current_page_ancestor,#nav ul li a:active, .post-comments a:hover{ color:#075A99;}
3) Replace the
#075A99

with #5e00c3 (or any other color you want). 4) Save the file, refresh your website, and check to see if the color is to your liking.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

[Deleted User]

Excellent. Thank you!