Sign in to follow this  
janetravis

Author Photo

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

I honestly don't know much about author pages and profiles. Presumably that page can be edited, and an image added using standard HTML.  Personally, I use posts to create personnel profiles, and add the person's photo as the featured image.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

janetravis    1
janetravis

But people would click on authors name, which is linked to author page.

If i just create a post for each author, how can be linked to authors name, which appear under their posts?

thx

janetravis    1
janetravis

I dont see PROFILES in “Available/Disabled Sections. Do i have to upgrade framework or something?

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Profiles is a section available in our Store. It's free for PageLines Plus members, but a premium product for others. You get it via Dashboard > PageLines > Sections > Top Premium.

That section allows for the uploading of an author profile image.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• glennyboy
      By glennyboy
      Hi

Author page doesn't seem to be included in DMS. How can I create on in a child theme please.

Glennyboy
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      I'm trying to change the Page Options for Author Posts (I want to hide the primary sidebar). I change the options, click Save options (the blue button) and get the message "Base Theme settings saved - View your site". 

But it doesn't work. The options page reload with none off the options changed, and the changes doesn't take effect either. 

This is only an issue with Page Options for Author Posts, I can change all other Pages Options. 

I think this is a new issue after the latest Pagelines upgrade (I've changed this options before).

I've tried to disable all plugins, except the ones that are either from Wordpress.org (the ones that come with the installation, like Importer), from Pagelines or recommended by Pagelines, but that didn't change anything. 
    • benz_admin
      By benz_admin
      Hi to all.
      On my site http://www.turismopesaro.com/mare-a-pesaro/ when I click on author name of a post it shows a page without content and sidebar although on drag&drop page on authour page I've setup two columns layout and author post...
      what did I wrong??

thanks a lot