dhrose

Upgrade to latest...

dhrose+    3
dhrose

Currently, both sites are using the same database as I moved the site from a sub-domain and didn't create a new database... Is the documentation above going to help with that? I wasn't sure whether that was an issue. I'll try it and see what happens.

Thanks!    

Simon    247
Simon

You may have shared the same db, but you MUST have used a different table prefix for the 2nd install. They are seperate.

dhrose+    3
dhrose

I didn't change anything in php-admin? wp_config is showing the same database for both... Is it something I did? I'm confused... 

(Obviously)

Simon    247
Simon

Like i said, you are sharing the database, but 2 sets of tables.

wp_options

wp2_options

like that, 2 tables 1 for each install.

In the config there should be a line like table_prefix.

dhrose+    3
dhrose

Er, I just discovered that the new install of wordpress automatically created another database. So there were 2 databases. Arghhh!

And, I tried to do the re-import of the ng_gallery from (zoomlad), which appeared to put all the gallery images into the database... but now, drumroll... I can't get into either site and says the database is corrupted. Bad day. I exported the tables from ng_gallery and saved as text files... changed the database i.d. to the new database, and re-imported. Seemed right and I didn't get any errors?

No sites though currently... I really didn't change anything on the test site, not sure what happened. Idiot Alert... Ha!

dhrose+    3
dhrose

UPDATE... Apparently GoDaddy disabled my databases because I changed the passwords... The galleries imported! OMG! Site is almost fixed. Ha!

(Post images are still not showing up for some reason? But the galleries are back.) Crazy stuff...

Thanks for the help. I'll try and stay away for awhile... Ha!

James B    436
James B

Excellent, glad you got the gallery working. Keep us posted

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

dhrose+    3
dhrose

I realize I said I'd stay away for awhile but... My media library is still showing no images. There are a lot of images in the uploads folder in wp_content, but they won't show up in the library? The post images aren't showing up either?

Hmmmm... I guess there's no way to move the images into the database like the gallery? Some of the site graphics are showing up, (that were page specific), but nothing in the library???

dhrose+    3
dhrose

So, can I do the same thing as with the gallery table... export the wp_posts and reimport into the new database?

dhrose+    3
dhrose

Er, well since no one answered yet, Yes... you can do that! Ha!

This is the way to fix the wp_gallery also... Export the wp_posts, save that text file... copy and paste into text edit and remove formatting so you can add .txt on the end of file name... go into the new database, delete wp_posts, re-import the new wp_posts.txt file and voila! All graphics etc. are back.

Woot! 

dhrose+    3
dhrose

Argghhh! They disappeared! is this getting ridiculous or what... Now I have blank image icons in the library? 

James B    436
James B

Check out - http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-migration-lost-galleries.

Unfortunately we're limited as to what we can assist you with, we can literally help with specifics related to the framework, moving wordpress and it's core files or third party plugins you'll need to log a support request at wordpress.org to progress further. The solutions we've provided so far don't seem to be effective.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B