Sign in to follow this  
nkodiahender

Facebook like button not working, click 1 then instantly back to 0

nkodiahender

Hi there,

So I'm having a problem with the like buttons on my sites, at the bottom of my posts, everytime someone clicks like it says 1 but then instantly goes back to 0. I'm using Pagelines share plugin, so I've tried other FB like plugins to see if it was the problem but no. Google+ twitter and pinterest buttons work fine though. Only facebook button.

I guess it's not a plugin conflict since I have the exact same list of plugin activated (including wp super cache) on the demo version of my site and everything's working fine.

post where you can see the pb: http://www.theliquorstore.fr/blog/2013/05/julia-sarr-jamois/

post where it's working on the demo version: http://www.theliquorstore.fr/fr/2013/05/julia-sarr-jamois/
Framework Version: latest
WordPress Version: latest

Please help !

Thank you guys

nkodiahender

UPDATE : This is only happening on the latest posts of my site... like button works fine on older posts. I have no idea why.

Rob

Hi,

The like button is working perfectly.  If you've liked it, and I view it, I will see the number of people who have liked the page or post. If I like it, the number increases by 1. If I then dislike it, the number reduces by 1.  It works the exact same way on my site.

The reason you're seeing 1 on some pages and 0 on others is that FaceBook considers the likes to be for the specific page, not the site. So, if you liked one page, but didn't like another, you'll see a value of 0 on the pages you didn't click Like, and 1 on the pages you did.

There's nothing wrong with this at all.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur