Sign in to follow this  
lifelikelife

I know you can't design my site for me BUT

lifelikelife

I just can't work this out and it's driving me mad so, I will bother you by asking my stupid question.

There's this huge white space underneath my comments section, for example here:

http://www.weeklypodcast.net/william-j-le-petomane-you-dont-treat-me-right/

I can't work out how to fix it, any pointers will be greatly appreciated otherwise... fiverr here I come lol

Thank you very much for your time!

Juan

Rob

Hello Juan,

PageLines applies a 400px min-height to the content area, but in looking at your site, I see there's more than 400px of content. I must presume therefore that the whitespace is created by a plugin.  You have quite a bit of activity there when the page is scrolled down, including very fast refreshes that make it almost impossible to view the page with our analytical tools.

I suspect that either the video or audio plugins you're using are causing conflicts with jQuery or javascript. If that's happening, likely it's also causing the CSS to change or increasing the page's min-height. 

If you're using anything like an iframe, those often have minimum height requirements that distort a page's layout.

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

lifelikelife

Hi Rob,

Thanks so much for looking at it! I really appreciate it. I know the site is very busy, I will try deactivating some features and hopefully this will fix it. The only audio plugin I use is podpress, a podcasting plugin, the rest are embeds.

Rob

I think the embeds are more likely the cause then podpress.

• Like 1

lifelikelife

Alright, that's unfortunately an issue...

I've removed the player from the sidebar, and I published a blank post without any players embedded and the issue was still there.

I've moved back to Disqus comment system and it displays fine... I think there's something about the stock comments display that just doesn't want to work for me :(

Rob

Well, at least you know what it is.  Did you try LiveFyre?  That's another comments system, which we actually use on PageLines.com.

• Like 1

lifelikelife

Thanks for your help Rob.

No I haven't tried LiveFyre, if you recommend it over Disqus I will look into it though.

Rob

I use Disqus without any problems.  So whatever is causing any problems with it must be a conflicting plugin or embedded element.

LiveFyre is used in our Store and works very well in the PageLines Framework.

• Like 1