Sign in to follow this  
seedcode

Features Nav (dots) showing each feature twice

seedcode

Hi, We have four features set to show, yet all the nav controls show 8 features. It's repeating the 4 we selected, as you can see in the source attached. Any suggestions on how to fix this or remove the last 4 via css?

Thx,

John

Pagelines 2.4.2

Ozone 1.1.3

post-42650-0-09434800-1369882361_thumb.p

Rob

Hi John,

May we have a link to your site?  That will help us immensely to provide the best support.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob

Hi,

The slides are only transitioning through the first four of the dots.  It looks like this was heavily customized, so there's likely an error somewhere in the code.  Did you add # or just leave the link field blank in the slide setup?

Can you try to replace the dots with numbers to see if the condition repeats? I need to know if it's specifically related to the dots or, if it may be a general condition for any of the slider navigation.

The custom code applied to the slider may have an error, or there may be a bad plugin on the site. It's difficult to tell without knowing how another option beside dots would work.

Thanks.  I look forward to your reply.

seedcode

Thanks for checking this out!

To answer your questions...

- the link is blank in the slide setup

- all the nav options repeat like this: i've changed it to numbers for you. If I remove one of the slides from the set (so there are only 3), then the 3 repeat: 1,2,3,1,2,3

That help?

Rob

Yes, it helps quite a lot.

There are only two possible causes of this uncommon occurrence.

One is that there's an error in some customization done to the slider. Since I don't know exactly what was done, it's hard to discern what code was added/subtracted or modified.

The other is that there may be a plugin affecting the slider, which seems to only repeat the navigation. When I watch the cycle in the code, I can see that the slider itself is properly functioning, and only cycling through the first group, not through the second, pseudo-group. At least we know that the slides themselves are not repeating incorrectly.

I'd recommend deactivating all your non-PageLines plugins with the exception of Akismet (if you use it) and any cache plugin (but please clear the cache after deactivating the plugins).   See if the condition persists.  If it does not, then we know it's a plugin.  If it does, then it must be the result of customization.

If the problem is a plugin, reactivate the plugins, one-at-a-time, checking to see if the problem returns. If you have a cache plugin, this can be tedious as you'll have to clear the cache after each reactivation.  Once you find the plugin causing the problem, you'll have to replace it or contact the plugin author.

Many times, plugins become deprecated and cause all sorts of weird, wild and wacky effects. It is the most common cause of WordPress site problems.

I've searched the forums and cannot find another instance of duplication of slider navigation.

I hope this has helped you find a cause. Please let us know how you're doing.

seedcode

Deactivating the plugins didn't help, so I'll be looking at our custom code. Will keep you posted. Thx.

James B

Hi there,

Also check the meta settings to see how many slides you have set to show in both the page meta, and in Pagelines>page options> and see if there's anything in the sitewide defaults set for the slider. It could be you have 8 slides set to show and as there are only 4 in the set, it's repeating etc.

http://screencast.com/t/gWkunzIq

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

seedcode

Thanks James; was hoping that was it but we don't have any defaults specified in Pagelines>Page Options.

James B

Ah, i was hoping that might solve it for you.

If you set a figure in there does it resolve back to four? Check in your drafts/trash in the features to see if there are any duplicate slides waiting to be deleted.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

seedcode

Thanks James and Rob for jumping in: it was our code. We were inserting html *inside* the features section instead of inserting the features section. =( All set now. Great to know the forum is so active.

James B

Thanks for letting us know you managed to resolve. Glad it's sorted :-)

James B