Sign in to follow this  
illinimatt81

Footer Columns Sidebar File

illinimatt81

My host upgraded my server and for some reason I lost my footer columns sidebar content. I recreated it from how I think it looked but I know I have missed some things. I do have daily backups but I don't want to restore the entire site as I made changes since last night.

My question is where is the actual code of what was in the footer column sidebar stored? Is there a .php file or some other file in the theme files I could look at in my backups to find the original code of each of the text widgets I had in it before the change and then copy and paste it?

Rob

Hi,

The content is actually stored in the database, not in files.

Usually when this type of thing happens, the content isn't missing. It's usually that the widgets have been moved to a different sidebar.  This is a long-time quirk with WordPress, not a PageLines issue. 

The solution is generally to go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and look through your sidebars to find where your widgets have gone.  Once found, just slide them up or down back to their original locations.  Make sure you don't move them to the left or you will lose their content.

As for why they disappeared, this typically occurs when the widgets move to a sidebar that is not in use on the template.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

illinimatt81

Ah! They moved to 'morefoot right'. Problem solved!

Rob

I'm very glad that worked.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur