Sign in to follow this  
bloom1creative

Footer and Header issues

bloom1creative

Hi guys

I had a fully working site with no issues at all.  I decided to install the NavXt breadcrumbs plugin, along with the one from the store.  After that, things started going wrong:- the dropdowns on the menu stopped working and move the site down slightly when you click, as well as the footer has just disappeared after my testimonials section.

I have tried to disable all the plugins on my site, one by one, but nothing seems to help.

These are javascript errors I can see from exploring the website: -

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://wi-businessinteriors.co.uk/mezzfloors/wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/css/style.css
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://wi-businessinteriors.co.uk/teststyle.css
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://wi-businessinteriors.co.uk/sliderstyle.css
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://wi-businessinteriors.co.uk/mezzfloors/wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/css/prettyPhoto.css
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'dropdown' navbar.js:32
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'tooltip' main.js:8
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://wi-businessinteriors.co.uk/mezzfloors/wp-content/themes/images/bg.jpg

Please help as I fear from searching Google others have had this issue with Pagelines before, and I don't want to start tinkering with bits that were working fine before to see if something is missing, such as javascript conflict.  

I know some of my custom sections include js, but this was not an issue at all before and I have currently another site (cloned version) running fine.

Thanks guys

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

anyone?

Many thanks

Rob1n

Rob

Hello,

I apologize for the delay responding.

It would appear that your child theme is missing or deactivated.  Can you check Dashboard > Appearance > Themes to make sure the base theme is installed and activated?

Please also check to make sure that the child theme is present using FTP.  Those errors indicate that the files are missing.  Could you verify for us that they're all present?

Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bloom1creative

Hi Rob.

I have checked and I still have my pagelines Base theme running as it was before, so that's definitely not the issue.  The issue seems to be with the 'dropdown' and 'tooltip' javascript elements on the Pagelines navbar section and base javascript area.

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Also Rob, the errors are from within existing files, so the files must be there for the browser to find the incorrect lines?  I have recorded to show what I mean a bit clearer.

http://screencast.com/t/GJUbxImBYWfy

Many thanks

Rob1n

Rob

Hi,

This is a two-fold problem.

Firstly the CSS 404's are because you have deleted/renamed that CSS folder, but left the enqueue lines in.

The js is broken because the page halts at morefoot, probably due to a php error.

FTP into your site.  Find wp-config.php and open it for editing.

Locate this line:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Edit it changing false to true. Save and re-upload.

This will let us know where the errors are.  Don't panic. Your site will display any errors. We'll need to see them.

I strongly recommend you do not edit or rename things, particularly core files.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bloom1creative

Thanks Rob, changed to true and have a twitterbar error occur?  I haven't renamed any core files whatsoever, the CSS errors are irrelevant files to me that I dont actually require anyway, it's just the javascript ones that are causing the errors.

I really havent moved any of the files or edited the enqueue lines in the js, they are the ones supplied with the navbar, I simply cloned the navbar section from the parten theme to the child - as I said, the site was functioning absolutely FINE, and is an exact clone of www.mecontrax.co.uk, apart from the fact I added and installed NavXT breadcrumbs which since then it royally messed it all up.

Now the top navbar seems to have the dropdowns working again (VERY odd as I havent moved a thing)

The Twitterbar seems to be the problem now so perhaps something messed that up along the way

Thanks for your help

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

"Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/sites/wi-businessinteriors.co.uk/public_html/mezzfloors/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/twitterbar/section.php on line 47"

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Again, I havent touched the section.php file for the Twitterbar, and if I did I would edit it as a child section in the Base theme.  It seems as though the NavXT plugin as added/editing something which has upset the flow in Pagelines :/

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Removed Twitterbar plugin, no problems at all and everything works fine again.  Something to do with that plugin that's messing up the site, not to do with the file names or anything :)  Any ideas what it causing the Twitterbar issue and why it came on after I installed NavXT breadcrumbs for pagelines plugin?  Thanks again guys

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Removed and reset, seems ok now!

Many thanks

Rob1n

greenfly

thanks for letting us know 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"