Sign in to follow this  
feldiefeld

Thinner Sidebar?

feldiefeld

I would LOVE for the area where blog/page content resides (on the left) to be wider, and the widget space (on the right) to be thinner. Is that possible??

cmunns

Sorry Mark, I forgot to mention that I need a link to the site or you need to specify which theme

bryan-hadaway

Let's try adding this to your Custom CSS sections: ` .blog #maincontent{width:739px} .blog #sidebar{width:198px} ` This will add 100px to the content area and remove 100px from sidebar area, you can play with these settings. If you'd perhaps like to just make the content area bigger and compromise the sidebar you could also use: `.blog .content{width:960px}` - This is the current default. To use this code for ALL pages, remove `.blog`. Thanks, Bryan

andulka

Wondering if there's another solution for this, as that code doesn't work in StationPro. It does change the widths, but leaves the original sidebar box there and only makes the text area narrower, if you know what I mean.

.blog .content{width:960px}

makes the page wider, but doesn't move the sidebar's position. Ideally I would like to be able to make the entire area containing the siderbar and content area a bit wider, and then make the sidebar a tad narrower and the content area wider. If that's not possible, then just making the sidebar narrower and content area wider would be good too.

cmunns

For StationPro you could use ` #sidebar {width:265px;} #maincontent {width:671px;} ` or other similar values.

andulka

Thanks, that seems to work but leaves a narrow grey box on the bottom of the page, next to the sidebar, visible in all the other browsers I checked with apart from Opera. Any idea what could be done to remove that, it doesn't look very nice...?

bryan-hadaway

`#site #contentborder{background:none}` Is the only way I'm seeing right now to kill it. Thanks, Bryan