Sign in to follow this  
kneops

Blog title not showing

greenfly

Hello Kneops 

Are you using an automatically generated page of posts rather than a specific page with the title Blog? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

kneops

I added a page with the title 'Blog' and template 'default' (I can only choose between that and template 1 through 5) and then in WordPress under Options > Reading, I chose Blog as my blog page.

greenfly

In Pagelines > Site Options > Page titles - do you have a tick in 'Automatically show Page titles?'

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

kneops

Yes.

Rob

Hi,

The Blog Page does not display the word Blog on it by default, even if other pages display their titles.  The purpose of this is to avoid confusion between the title of the page and the titles of blog entries on the page.  If the page title appears, it could look to a visitor like it's a blog entry without thumb or excerpt.

Let me clarify on the subject of the Blog and Blog Post templates, and explain why they're not available as selections for pages.

The Blog template is a special template which controls the content area of the blog page.  It sets up the list of blog posts and formats them.  You may add things to it, but essentially, it cannot be re-used in other pages or you'd have blog pages everywhere. Since WP limits you to one blog page per installation, the Blog template is not available.

Blog Posts template formats the way your posts appear.  You cannot repeat the same formatting on other pages, for the basic, same reasons as the Blog template.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kneops

So if I want that word in that place anyhow, I would have to add a ContentBox above the actual blog content. Because I would like to have the word Blog or News above that content.

And thanks for the explanation ;)

greenfly