Visual Editor Not Working

3 posts in this topic

I cannot get Visual Editor to work at all.I am up to date with my WP and Pagelines install. I add the "Use Google Libraries" plugin as recommended from a post related to VE issues in WP 3.5, but it has not helped my issue in 3.5.1. I have cleared browser caches and retried in Safari, FireFox, and Chrome. I have deactivated all plugins that are not up to date. Currently, all my plugins are in the current list of plugins recommended from Pagelines or from Pagelines directly.

Any recommendations?

The WordPress visual editor is actually part of WordPress Core.

You say you cant get it to work at all. Does the page even load?

The support URL you have in your profile does not have PageLines Framework installed.

Only thing I can really suggest is..

1. Download a fresh copy of wordpress and re-upload ALL files except for the wp-content folder.

2. Disable ALL plugins.

I reinstalled Wordpress, but that didn't do anything. 

I had already turned off a number of plugins, but nothing fixed it.

UNTIL, I deactivated the CFORMS plugin and the Visual Editor came back immediately. I thought this was a current plugin and one that works with PageLines, but maybe it's not up to speed currently.

thanks. All better now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• [Solved] Site is messed up when DMS editor is turned off
      By abuzzelli+
      I'm having a strange issue with a site I'm building. I thought it might have been a server issue, so I moved it to one I know works and it's still messed up. Basically when I have the DMS editor on it looks fine, when I turn the editor off everything looks wrong and I can't re-activate the editor unless I change the theme, then re-activate the DMS theme. Any ideas why this is happening?

• still having editor issues after update
      By KimAnn03
      I was having trouble using the wordpress editor- getting a white screen when updating posts, and therefore edits were not saving. so I read all the threads and saw that I needed to upgrade to DMS I did this, but i am still having the same issue.
      Restarted my browser.
      Deactivated plugins.
      Still happening- white screen upon updating posts. It goes to this URL when I hit update:
      instead of this page:
      wp 4.3
      Please advise and thanks-
      Kim, webmaster for
      ***Wanted to add an update to this. I have a development site with all the same credentials. And the issue is not occuring on the dev site. Could this be a cache thing? I cleared broser caches and restarted but that didn't work.....
    • DMS Editor
      By agrega
      I have a problem with dms editor, the bottom is showing shinked
      Any idea to solve this!!

• bbPress 'Edit Reply' not showing front end editor
      By theredbaron
      Hi guys,
      Hopefully someone can help me out on this one, as I struggling to find a solution!
      This is definitely a DMS2/bbPress issue, as I have tried it on a fresh install with no plugins. If I try to edit a forum reply, I am getting a post excerpt instead of the bbPress front-end editor showing. The editor works ok for editing topics.

The WordPress admin bar is also being corrupted on this page (see screenshot).[attachment=2680:Screenshot from 2015-03-11 14:00:46.png] 
      This is a shot of the 'Edit Topic' screen which does work. [attachment=2679:Screenshot from 2015-03-11 13:54:23.png]
      The 'Edit Reply' page shows fine in Twenty Fifteen wp theme.
      I am getting no errors logged in DMS of from wp-debug.

Please help because this is driving me nuts!  :hot: 
      DMS Debug Info
      WordPress Version
      WordPress Debug
      Multisite Enabled
      Current Role
      Framework Version
      PHP Version
      WP memory limit
      40 MB
      WP MAX memory limit
      256 MB
      PHP memory limit
      256 MB
      Mysql version
      WP Max Upload Size
      64 MB
      PHP POST Max Size
      64 MB
      PHP Max Execution Time
      PHP type
      WebServer software
      Apache/2.4.9 (Unix)
      Installed Plugins
    • DMS Editor - partially visible, not completely
      By Dries De Porre
      I changed the animation in a text file to „from right” and then suddenly the page lines DMS editor did something strange. 
      As you see in the image the editor has gone to the right so I can't see it partially …
      [attachment=2609:Schermafbeelding 2015-01-29 om 10.58.22.png]
      What to do about it?
      Kind regards,