designeats

Visual Editor Not Working

designeats    0
designeats

Hi,

I cannot get Visual Editor to work at all.I am up to date with my WP and Pagelines install. I add the "Use Google Libraries" plugin as recommended from a post related to VE issues in WP 3.5, but it has not helped my issue in 3.5.1. I have cleared browser caches and retried in Safari, FireFox, and Chrome. I have deactivated all plugins that are not up to date. Currently, all my plugins are in the current list of plugins recommended from Pagelines or from Pagelines directly.

Any recommendations?

thanks,

-brenton

Simon    247
Simon

The WordPress visual editor is actually part of WordPress Core.

You say you cant get it to work at all. Does the page even load?

The support URL you have in your profile does not have PageLines Framework installed.

Only thing I can really suggest is..

1. Download a fresh copy of wordpress and re-upload ALL files except for the wp-content folder.

2. Disable ALL plugins.

designeats    0
designeats

Thanks. 

I reinstalled Wordpress, but that didn't do anything. 

I had already turned off a number of plugins, but nothing fixed it.

UNTIL, I deactivated the CFORMS plugin and the Visual Editor came back immediately. I thought this was a current plugin and one that works with PageLines, but maybe it's not up to speed currently.

thanks. All better now.

-brenton

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Peter Esslemont
      By Peter Esslemont
      Hi,
      When using the editor I am getting duplicate wordpress toolbars and an a nice error to go with it...
      I have them stack 4 high at one point.  Goes away with a refresh then re-appears.
      very odd.

• Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello there,
      We have started experiencing a crippling issue within the last few days. It seems that ever since three days ago the CSS will not load for our pages outside of the DMS editor. Inside of the editor everything appears to be looking fine, but after publishing and viewing the page in a new browser our elements are all over the place, and in the console it appears that there is an error stating that the CSS did not get loaded. Looking through FTP, it seems that the two CSS files in the pagelines folder in wp-content are now missing. We did not access this folder or modify any files prior to this.  What kind of problem could this be? We are totally halted on any work we can perform until this is solved, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 
      An example of the phenomenon: http://datesafe2.21thirteenhost.com/category/ask-mike/
      Best,
      Perry
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      I'm having a strange issue with a site I'm building. I thought it might have been a server issue, so I moved it to one I know works and it's still messed up. Basically when I have the DMS editor on it looks fine, when I turn the editor off everything looks wrong and I can't re-activate the editor unless I change the theme, then re-activate the DMS theme. Any ideas why this is happening?

• KimAnn03
      By KimAnn03
      Hello-
      I was having trouble using the wordpress editor- getting a white screen when updating posts, and therefore edits were not saving. so I read all the threads and saw that I needed to upgrade to DMS 2.1.9.9. I did this, but i am still having the same issue.
      Restarted my browser.
      Deactivated plugins.
      Still happening- white screen upon updating posts. It goes to this URL when I hit update: http://www.thecosmicpath.com/wp-admin/post.php
      instead of this page: http://www.thecosmicpath.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=50784&action=edit

Site: http://www.thecosmicpath.com
      wp 4.3
      DMS 2.1.9.9
      Please advise and thanks-
      Kim, webmaster for thecosmicpath.com

***Wanted to add an update to this. I have a development site with all the same credentials. And the issue is not occuring on the dev site. Could this be a cache thing? I cleared broser caches and restarted but that didn't work.....
    • agrega
      By agrega+
      Hi
      I have a problem with dms editor, the bottom is showing shinked

Any idea to solve this!!