Sign in to follow this  
lifelikelife

Ability to rename page templates

lifelikelife    2
lifelikelife

I love Pagelines, love it love it love it :) 

I think it would be great if users could easily rename page templates so they can identify them quickly from the dropdown. This would be particularly useful for people who manage more than one site :) (If this if already a feature then I've missed it).

Keep up the great work!

Juan

• Like 2

greenfly    230
greenfly

Thank you Lifelikelife 

I know that we would love to allow you to rename the Pagelines templates but due to a restriction in Wordpress we are unable to provide this functionality. I know there is a ticket open with Wordpress support for this and i will update this topic shortly with a link .  

• Like 1

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

lifelikelife    2
lifelikelife

Hi Martin, thanks for clarifying!

I guess I'll have to keep better track of my current system: Post it notes lol

Thanks for the reply!

Juan

greenfly    230
greenfly

You can however add completely new templates should you need to. http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/create-a-custom-page-template/

• Like 2

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• cindyjbryant
      By cindyjbryant
      Hello Pagelines DMS team!

I have a few suggestions that I would LOVE to see implemented in your upcoming upgrade, and documentation added asap.

Add/include a 2nd background image section as an overlay background above site background for pro acct ( In other words, allow for a second background image to lay on top of the site background image; this would make it easy to add borders on the side for boxed style layout) Add/include a "divider section with custom image option" too for pro accts (maybe add a section to add custom image dividers to float) Add/include a new "Tabs and Accordions sections" to pro accts Allow for DMS to move boxed template areas up and down too.  (right now it only allows to move in or out in the boxed area, but it would be nice to be able to move it up and down too) Add/include a few more "image grids, galleries, and slider carousels sections" for pro accts Add/include a "contact form section" to the pro acct Add/include a "vertical menu-nav with custom image option" to the pro acct Add more documentation on how to export a Child theme and import, and/or migrate to another site Add more documentation/tutorials on how to use floating css code to place different sections on top of one another Add a color wheel to all the sections, thus avoiding having to add custom code. I would rather see you guys add these features/functions to the DMS panel, rather than having to deal with third party plugins, which I don't like to do unless it's a must.  And to be honest, I would rather have as many available options in the front end for design, and avoid having to go to the back end as much as possible.  You guys made it very convenient to work in the front, but right now it sucks having to go get 3rd party plugins to add functions that should already be included with DMS pro accts.  This would totally make it for a much easier design and DMS experience, and save a lot of time too.