Sign in to follow this  
WebIT

Sign In | Sign Out Link in Header

WebIT

I've added a sign in button in the top navigation and want to have a link that changes to Sign Out after a user is logged in. I'm sure this would be best in the header to the left or right of the social media icons. How do I accomplish this? (I assure there is no way to have the button change dynamically in the nav menu.)

cmunns

Doesn't this happen with the link in the "meta" sidebar?

WebIT

Yes. I'd like to put it in the header, like amazon.com. If this is outside your realm for support, I understand. You guys have a great product with fast great support and any help would be appreciated.

bryan-hadaway

I've done something similar myself, you'll want to take this code: `

• <?php wp_register(); ?>
  • |
  • <?php wp_loginout(); ?>
  • | <?php wp_meta(); ?>
` and then navigate to: Appearance > Editor > Header (header.php) then paste it above this line: `<?php include (THEME_LIB.'/_iconlinks.php'); ?>` Next, we'll need to add some CSS to your Custom CSS section: `#loginzone, #loginzone ul, #loginzone li, #loginzone a{display:inline; margin:0px; padding:0px; font-size:15px}` This isn't likely to look perfect right off, so I need you to send me a link after you implement this so I can check it out. Thanks, Bryan

WebIT

Got it. See your handy work here. I think far right would be better. is above the media icons possible? I'll move my phone number, or maybe do the phone number in plain text, not graphics if possible. Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Add a new line: `#loginzone{float:right}` Should work nicely. For redirection, there are many plugin that can easily handle this; I recommend the one simply called Redirection. Find it from: Plugins > Add New Thanks, Bryan

WebIT

you are awesome. thanks!

WebIT

Need a few pix higher. it's hard to click the link.

WebIT

or..lower social media icons

cmunns

I think that would have to be some htaccess rule or something, but you may find a better answer in the wordpress forums as I'm no expert at this sort of thing although I suspect it's fairly common for people trying to brand the wp-admin.

nrbeatty

Hey guys, 1. I didn't catch how you fixed the alignment issue- how did you get it to display above the social icons, in the upper-right corner of the page? 2. Can the display text be edited? I'd like it to say "Member Log-in" vs. the default log-in, and I'd like to get rid of the "|". Or the ability to use an image url for log-in (and another for log-out)?

WebIT

Nick, Read Daren's advice on this string: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=2857 Basically used this Custom Code: .icons { position:absolute; /* left:0px; */ right:0px; bottom:0px; height: 50px; } After that I'd start a new topic for your new image button question. As far as the | goes, you can delete that in the header code above in Bryan's first response.

hansonexperience

Can't get the Login thing above the icons.... anyone?