Sign in to follow this  
jenners

Can I decrease size of Feature Page box and/or use only feature boxes?

jenners

I'm using iBlog Pro and I love the features page but would like to make it a little smaller as far as the height so that you can see the top of my posts when you first come to my blog. Or, alternatively, is there a way to just use the feature boxes but not have the big feature box?

bryan-hadaway

Yes to both, but first please provide a link to the page in question and let us know what you'd prefer to do exactly. Thanks, Bryan

jenners

Here is the link to the page I want to change: http://www.lifewithbooks.com/ I'd like to decrease the size of the feature box so that its height isn't so tall. I'd also like to know how to have just the three highlight boxes appear instead of the large feature box. I've played with both things and just wasn't able to make it work. I'm a newbie to CSS stuff so I wasn't quite sure what to do (or if this is even where you do it). Thanks.

bryan-hadaway

Sorry, I'm still not sure I fully understand the request? You had to add the feature box to begin with, so if you no longer want it, simply remove it. As far as making it smaller; `#feature .fcontainer{height:200px}` In your Custom CSS would be ideal, but I don't think something like this will quite work. You may have to get into the code, would you be comfortable with that? Thanks, Bryan

jenners

I do like the feature box but I think it is too big. I did try what you suggested by it didn't work as far as making it smaller. I guess I could try the code but would definitely need specific instructions. My other question is can I just have the feature slides without the feature box? The slides are much smaller and don't take up as much room. Hope this makes more sense.

cmunns

I'm really sorry...so you want the main feature slider that stretches the screen to be smaller, then you don't want the three boxes to appear underneath it? The CSS would go in THEME OPTIONS > CUSTOM CODE > CUSTOM CSS if you need to use it.

jenners

I'm sorry I'm not making myself clear!!! Yes ... I want the main feature slider that stretches across the screen to be smaller in height. And I was wondering if there was any way to have ONLY the three little boxes (the feature slides) to appear without having the big feature slider. Does this make sense?

bryan-hadaway

The part that is confusing is the contradiction where you say you want the feature slider, just a little shorter and then directly after you say you want just the feature boxes WITHOUT the slider, sooo which is it :)? Or do you mean you want to try both ways to see how you like it? Option A: Theme Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS paste in: `#feature .fcontainer{height:200px}` - If that works, play with 200 to get the desired result. Option B: Theme Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS Remove Option A code. Then paste in: `#feature{display:none}` Thanks, Bryan

jenners

I was trying to see it both ways to see which I liked better. I tried both options but for Option A, the box didn't change sizes at all. For Option B, it hid everything -- the slide box and the little boxes. I guess if I had to focus on one, I would want to make the slide box smaller.

cmunns

The small 3 boxes should not have disappeared with that code? To make the feature area smaller I'd use this `#feature .hentry {height:300px;}` or whatever value seems appropriate

bhwordpress

I'm making the necessary changes to the theme options > custom code > custom CSS however the problem is that my /iblogpro/pro/css/pro.css gets loaded farther down the page. So any "overwrites" that I do within custom CSS box simply get overwritten by the /pro.css file.

bryan-hadaway

That's odd. I don't think it should be lower? If it is you may have result to placing the code at the bottom of the pro.css file. Thanks, Bryan