Sign in to follow this  
g2om

Funky showing on IE

g2om

Hi! When we view our site on Internet Explorer (IE) it looks really funky. All the columns are spread out and scaling thin and long, home page goes on forever! Everything is cool with Firefox and Safari. Any suggestions for getting our site to look normal in IE? Thank you.

bryan-hadaway

Please provide a link to the site, a screenshot would also be helpful. Also, what version of IE on what OS are you viewing your site in? Thanks, Bryan

g2om

Yep, I can see where that could be very helpful! :) Thanks, Brian! Link to site: G2om.com OS: Windows 7 Version: IE 8 and 9 I took a couple of screen shots, but I am not sure how to post them here. On the home page, the feature image, feature box and footer widgets will not load. Thanks.

g2om

Thank you. This worked great for the feature photo. We are still experiencing problems with the footer left, middle and right widgets. The left, middle and right do not line up together in IE. Here is the code I am using for all of them: Newsletter-Footer.png

g2om

Oops, I didn't think that adding the code would actually show the image in my post...Here is the code again, I added the (") so that the image would not appear again: <(")a href="http://www.g2om.com/?page_id=272">Newsletter-Footer.png

g2om

OK, I give up adding the code...sorry. I guess I was just trying to show that I do not have any ALT tags or Align=center in the code. Thanks.

cmunns

use the back tick button to wrap code or take a screenshot of the code and paste as an image :)

g2om

Thanks! OK, I am feeling really bad, not sure what a "tick button" is and I am not sure how to save an image so that it has an URL??? Sorry. Another quick question: the graphic that I uploaded in my previous post, do you notice how blurry it is? It looks this way on my website as well, in addition to all my graphics (www.g2om.com). I discussed this with a designer and he says it is the theme, is that possible? I am saving in Photoshop as png, bicubic sharp, any other ideas? Thanks.

cmunns

Haha no that is not possible, although I have to be honest people tend to blame the theme for everything. Every browser displays graphics differently and it also depends on how you are saving the images and the actual file istelf. On my keyboard, the backtick is on the same key as the ?± without the n (does that make sense)? Also, if you look underneath the submit button in this forum thread there is a link to IMGUR where you can upload screenshots. :)

juliusvandelaar

Hi, mine looks funky in IE as well. www.juliusvandelaar.com Would be great if you could let me know what to do in order to fix it. Best, J

juliusvandelaar

Hi, it shows this topic to be resolved but the webpage still looks funky in Vista & Explorer. Could you please get back to me and let me know what I need to do to fix it and make it look right in every browser? Thanks! Julius

wairoa

Hi Julius. Ooo La La. Just to help me get my bearings on this... see what happens if you from this in your Custom Code... ` .fboxes .fboxtitle { font-size:5px; } ` Does that take control of the css in Explorer, and make the fboxtitle tiny? Do a quick check and report back.