Sign in to follow this  
ronaldmeaux

Carousel as Subnav

ronaldmeaux

Is there a way to use the Carousel as my subnav bar? I'm building a website for a medical group that has has 10 physicians. I would like the user to be able to scroll across the carousel bar and read physician bios by selecting their photo.

cmunns

So you just want to move it then? You can use the post-thumbnail mode and create author bios using a specific category of posts. We may have to modify the carousel template a bit to get only those posts to show up.

ronaldmeaux

I don't understand what you mean by "so you just want to move it then?". I do have the carousel set up in "post-thumbnail" mode but I'm not sure how to proceed. Thanks.

bryan-hadaway

Right, that's what Adam and I were thinking, by sub-nav you mean moving the carousel that you have set up and centering it below the main nav. Please provide the link to your site. I can probably help with the CSS to get it where it should be and Adam can probably help with the function. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

Wait a minute, isn't the carousel already underneath the subnav? Hmm...maybe that's why you were confused when I thought you wanted to move it haha...Have you tried setting up the posts with featured images for each set to the docs photos?

ronaldmeauxmecom

I don't use any of the blog features on the site so the idea of a Post doesn't totally make sense to me. The link is sfrejuvenation.com. The part I'm talking about is under "Our Providers". I guess I need to come up with another way to structure that section.

cmunns

If it's hard for you to visualize you might consider hiring someone to set this up for you. You could contact [email protected] and she could likely get it done for you in a couple hours. Just a thought.