Sign in to follow this  
hibbsy78

iBlogPro upgrade - feature issues

hibbsy78

I've just upgraded from 4.1.5 to 4.2.4 and its screwed up my feature slides on the home page. HELP! They have lost all the formatting? How can I get them back? 2 other minor things, I cant change the colour of the menu bar (was set to black) and also lost my footer text (?© 2010 - John Hibbs | Lupus Awareness Advocate | Marathon Runner - All Rights Reserved) http://www.lupusrunner.co.uk/ I have reverted back as it isn't good for my visitors to see. Screen shot here - http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/9559/featuresy.png If someone is around to look I can upgrade again.... Cheers John

hibbsy78

Could you send me example code for what should be in each of the feature boxes? Thank you!

hibbsy78

This is the code I have in the feature_1 <h3 class="fsub"></h3><h1 class="ftitle">Butterfly Ball</h1><h3 class="fsub"></h3><h2 class="ftitle"></h2> <p>The Lupus UK Butterfly Ball returns! The Butterfly Ball will take place at the prestigious Ramada Hotel in Sutton Coldfield Birmingham on Saturday 12th March 2011. BOOK NOW!</p> Help!

hibbsy78

I restored all the features and re-entered all the text and I'm down to 20 errors! when it says 'Line 319, Column 92: required attribute "alt" not specified' - which file is it relating to? Cheers.

bryan-hadaway

Hi John, alt tags are referring to images; `Smile` So just find where you've placed images and make sure they have an alt tag. Although it's good to fix these, this has nothing to do with nor can even cause layout/feature issues. On your old theme have you backed up all your setting to the database from the bottom of the Theme Options page, and then tried to restore those settings in your new theme? Thanks, Bryan

hibbsy78

Thanks Bryan, I haven't tried that so I'll do it shortly.

hibbsy78

Ok I backed up the theme options on 4.1.5 then activated 4.2.5 and restored the options, it still throws the feature out as in the screen shot above? None of my images else where show any differently?

hibbsy78

HAHA!!! When I ftp'd the new upgrade folder I named it 'iblogpro 4.2.4' - I've just renamed it 'iblogpro' and my feature issue is resolved! One last thing is that my display footer "?© 2010 - John Hibbs | Lupus Awareness Advocate | Marathon Runner - All Rights Reserved" is still missing?

hibbsy78

Done! http://lupusrunners.co.uk/ copied in old footer! Thanks everyone, At least maybe a few have you have learnt what Lupus is! Best wishes!