Sign in to follow this  
justinmoors

Replicating a Sidebar Header

justinmoors

I am using the EcoPro template and would like to insert a header into each page where I place my h1 titles, but make it look like the headers in the sidebar. It would also need to sit level with the sidebar header to look right. screenshot.jpg If you look at the screenshot, essentially I am looking to have "IT Support for Schools" in a cell identical to the "call me back" header in the sidebar. How can I go about doing this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

cmunns

Making it look level with the sidebars may be tricky it just depends, we'll see after we change the style. So you need to change some CSS. Start by placing this code in the Custom css portion of your theme options ` .post-title h2 { padding:5px 8px; text-shadow: #fff 0 1px 0; font-weight: 700; border-top: 1px solid #fff; border-left: 1px solid #fff; text-transform:uppercase; background: #f1f1f1; } `

justinmoors

Hi, Thanks for the info.. I have put that into my custom code secion (within the {body} as illustrated). Can't see how I can apply it, have tried changing the page title to an <h2> tag, tried putting it in a table with <h2>, but nothing. What should I be doing?

cmunns

It doesn't need to be within the body tags, that is just an example of how to change something else.

justinmoors

ok, so how do I get one of my headers to use the class I've added?

bryan-hadaway

Add this to: Theme Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS ` .post-title h1, .post-title h2, .post h1, .post h2 { padding:5px 8px; text-shadow: #fff 0 1px 0; font-weight: 700; border-top: 1px solid #fff; border-left: 1px solid #fff; text-transform:uppercase; background: #f1f1f1; } ` DO NOT place inside the body{} tag, in fact just removing that line will be less confusing. Thanks, Bryan

justinmoors

I still don't know how to apply the CSS styles you have kindly given me to my code, could someone enlighten me please? Thanks

cmunns

The css i've given you should be applied already because I gave it to you based on the selector that was already applied. If it's not working is it possible to get a link to the site?