Sign in to follow this  
kneops

Carousel linking to post, instead of NextGen gallery/image

kneops

Perhaps I don't understand how it works but I added a carousel to the content area, only visible on the homepage, NextGen gallery ID = 3. It shows the images alright, but with a link to ?pid=6 instead of the gallery itself or perhaps the image. How can I change this?

Also, I read the doc about the carousel and the first posisble use of the carousel talks about

1. Select the "Pages" panel, then "Add New"
  2. Enter a title for your new page
  3. Under "Page Attributes" click the "Template" dropdown
  4. Select "Carousel Page"

But I can't select 'Carousel Page' because it isn't there, only the default template and template 1, template 2 etc.

Danny

Hi,

I have just this moment added the Carousel to a template and configured the carousel to work with Nextgen gallery. When I click on the images, I am presented with a lightbox effect.

If you're not experiencing this, you most likely have a plugin causing a conflict.

http://cl.ly/image/310Q3o3Z3F3B

Please search our forums, before posting!

kneops

Perhaps I didn't configure everything. The only thing I did was choosing NextGen here: http://ompldr.org/vaWVjNw

It can't be a plugin conflict, because I just deactivated all plugins that do not come with PL and I still can't get the popups to function.

Danny

All I have done is setup a gallery in Nextgen and then selected Nextgen Gallery in the Carousel Image/Link Mode (Carousel Page Template) option and selected the ID of my gallery in the NextGen Gallery ID For Carousel (Carousel Page Template / NextGen Mode) option.

The link for my image was this:

http://pagelines.local/wp-content/gallery/blahblah/image.png

Therefore, you most likely haven't configured the Carousel to work with Nextgen gallery correctly.

kneops

The image link is not working... ;)

Danny

The image link above wont work, as its a locally hosted site im testing on, I provided the link to show you that the URL you have in your attached image isn't correct for a nextgen gallery image.

kneops

Ok, I understand.

Danny

OK, I have resolved the issue, if you're still having trouble once you have configured the Carousel correctly, please reply here and we can investigate further.

kneops

Solved, although not completely...

When this is checked (see: http://ompldr.org/vaWVjdw dutch, but you will now which option), images inside a gallery are linked to a page like view of the image (the image browser), but this will also mess up the link from the images inside the carousel. When not checked, the images within the gallery AND the carousel will open the image in a popup.

So, it is solved, but what this means is that when someone wants to use the image browser instead of the 'lightbox' popups, the carousel cannot be used because it uses that same setting.

Rob

It's great that it's resolved.  Thank you for letting us know about the condition. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kneops

Not really solved, because if I want to use the carousel with popups in combination with an image browser view of my NextGen galleries, that is not possible.