Sign in to follow this  
hibbsy78

Menus

hibbsy78

Hi, On my top level menu I have a sub menu, then a further menu defined under that, but this does not display on my site? Under the 'About Lupus' there are various sub menus, Under one of these 'My Lupus Story - Yvonne Norton' there should be further pages displayed, they are defined in the menus page but don't display? http://www.westmidlandslupus.com/ Please can you help! Cheers.

catrina

Hello, By default, rather than displaying in a submenu below the header, the subpage links for a subpage show in a sidebar that is positioned on the top right corner of the page (below the header and right next to the page paragraphs/content). Since that sidebar isn't showing up on your website, it is best to make it appear. Did you do anything that might've disabled it?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hibbsy78

Thanks, no I didn't knowingly do anything to disable it!

cmunns

You aren't getting the grandchild nav because it's located in the sidebar, but you have a full width page there. There are some threads here that I've helped with somebody doing subnav dropdowns...you could try that?

hibbsy78

Yes could you point me in the direction, couldn't find it by searching. Cheers.

cmunns

It's actually working fine, you just need to adjust the paddings so it doesn't wrap to the next line ` #sub_head li a, #sub_head span.subnav_last, #sub_head span.subnav_first { padding:11px 8px 12px; } ` Getting closer?

hibbsy78

The 'My Lupus Story - Yvonne' is now fine but still not getting the grandchild menus under that? Really want to keep the page full width if possible.

hibbsy78

There are further menus under the Yvonne story: menusl.jpg Such as Janet Dean MP etc... Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bryan-hadaway

I believe he's talking about a deeper nested dropdown capability: When hover over tab A you get: A - B When you hover over tab B you get: A - B - C Thanks, Bryan

hibbsy78

Yes Bryan thank you.

cmunns

Did you actually click my image above? You'll see in the full shot that there is in fact the drop downs in the subnav that I believe you're talking about, which reflect your menu above. Is it not sufficient to use the main drop downs of your main menu? This will go two levels in by default, which looks like is all you need.

hibbsy78

Argh sorry didnt click the full image! Yes I see the menus on your screen shot yet I don't see them when I look at the site??

cmunns

really? Because that was taken from your site. I am using FireFox.