Sign in to follow this  
aplepi

featurenav present on home page, but missing on categories pages.

aplepi

This is strange. I have my feature's working just like I want them on my homepage, it looks great in my opinion. But when I navigate to one of my categories, the feature is still there, but the featurenav is missing, and the features don't rotate. Any idea why this is? Am I missing a particular option that I must enable?

catrina

Hello, Can you send me a link to your website? Since the feature is still appearing on the category pages, there isn't anything more to enable, so it's probably another problem.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

aplepi

Is there a way to send it to you without advertising my website?

catrina

Hello, For the feature box, it is set by default that the navigation does not show when you view category pages, so there actually isn't a problem at all. If you'd like for the navigation to show in the box for all category pages, more advanced customization help is available here http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=1632. Thanks.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

aplepi

Okay, I appreciate your timely help and advice, but in my opinion that's not really a satisfactory answer to this issue. This really isn't about customization. The way the template is setup from default shows the feature section at the top of a category page. If the category pages didn't show the feature section at all, then I'd be apt to agree with your sentiments on this, but since it does indeed show the feature section, I don't agree that this is an issue of customization, but an issue in which the feature section is in itself broken on category pages. Who would want a feature without the navigation options and without transitions? I'm not trying to have a debate, I just disagree with that answer. Perhaps I just don't get it, maybe you can enlighten me on what I'm missing, or maybe I'm not seeing the big picture. For the record, other than this gripe, Pagelines, and its support has been wonderful.

catrina

Hello, Perhaps this issue with the feature box is a bug that wasn't noticed before by me or anyone else. I'll forward the problem to the developer and the issue with the box can be adjusted. It does come off as a bit odd the way it works. Thanks for pointing it out.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

aplepi

Catrina, Awesome, thank you. I hope I didn't come across as rude, that wasn't my intention at all. Appreciate your support on this. Jeff

cmunns

It's not a bug, maybe an oversight? The issue is that the javascript that is required for the feature is not being loaded on that page. We try not load these scripts globally so that pages perform more efficiently. In header.php you'll see a comment where it says "modules with javascript" find this line: `<?php if((is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-stdpage.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-full.php') || (is_home() && pagelines('featureblog'))) && VPRO) get_template_part ('core/inits/init_feature');?>` and add a conditional for either all category pages or that particular page id. for example: `<?php if((is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-stdpage.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-full.php') || is_category() || (is_home() && pagelines('featureblog'))) && VPRO) get_template_part ('core/inits/init_feature');?>`

wearma

Thanks Adam this is exactly what I was looking for and fixed it for me as well. Thanks Jeff for asking.

wearma

Just thought I add, It works fine; but when I add my web form html text from Get Response to a text field in the sidebar, the feature slider does not work anymore and it only stays on the first feature, with no others showing. Any suggestions? Kind regards - Craig