callmestupidbut

Center logo with Business Branding section

callmestupidbut    1
callmestupidbut

I've recently installed the Business Branding section on a site in development to include the phone number above the social media icons in the header.

Before installing this, I had the logo centered. Obviously, changing the 'Branding' section to the 'Business Branding' section in the drag and drop bit means the custom CSS to center the logo no longer works.

I've tried accessing the code with firebug and changing the classes to business-branding, but nothing seems to be working. Ayy ideas?

Current version of Pagelines

Current CSS:

.section-business-branding .business-logo .mainlogo-link, .section-business-branding .business-logo .mainlogo-img {
    float: none;
    margin: 0 auto;}

url: http://dev.sociallearningcollective.co.uk

catrina    103
catrina

In CSS, the simpler the better so perhaps shorten it like this:

#page .business-logo {
    margin: 0 auto;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

callmestupidbut    1
callmestupidbut

Ok, so the CSS is now more simple, but still need it to center the logo...

James B    436
James B

Admin note - moved thread into the store products forum

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Jenny    33
Jenny

I have alerted the developer of this topic.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

I have some code for you to try

To center the logo

#page .section-business-branding .business-logo {
   text-align: center;
}

That's going to push the Business Info down. You can give a negative top margin in the Business Branding Options for the Position of Additional Information, try -100.

Let me know how that works.

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

www.elsue.com www.betterdms.com

callmestupidbut    1
callmestupidbut

Thanks Ellenmva - that kind of works at full screen screen size, just pushes the classic nav down over the content. Also messes up the responsiveness of the site as the business branding now sits over the logo when the screen is smaller.

I'll keep trying and maybe add some @media queries.

Jenny    33
Jenny

Please let us know if you still need assistance with this topic, otherwise I'll close it in 7 days. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

I see why it is pushing down into your content. Here is a little more code to correct that.

#page .section-business-branding .branding-area-container {
display: none;

}

Then you will need to adjust the top margin of the Additional information again so the icons show. I did -150px and that worked.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

www.elsue.com www.betterdms.com

callmestupidbut    1
callmestupidbut

Thanks Ellen. It's more the responsiveness that's important to the client - currently the logo, additional info and nav all overlap on a mobile screen, but I'll have a go with media queries to see if I can fix it.

@Jenny - feel free to close this post.

Thanks!

• Like 1