Sign in to follow this  
webbdo

Change H2 on blogpage to H1 but not...

webbdo

Hi! At my blogsite (where i post articles) all titles are H2. And when I go to a specific post the title is also H2. How can I change this so the title is H2 in article list whit link (by defoult). And H1 on all posts whit no link! (When I try to manage this it changes at both, I only want it to change on "post" not in "post list". Hope you can help me whit this... Regards Pierre

catrina

To clarify, are you saying that you want the title of a specific post to be changed to H1 instead of H2?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

webbdo

Hi! Yes I would becouse in "post page" there are no H1?

webbdo

Hi! That worked, but! Now there os no title in categories and in tags on webbdo.se to click on. How can I get it back and still have like I have it now? I have also tryed to make the H1 title bigger whit class="pagetitle" but that dont make it bigger. How can I do that? Regards Pierre

cmunns

My mistake it should be like this instead ` <?php if (is_single()):?>

<?php the_title(); ?>

<?php elseif (is_home() || is_category() || is_tags() || is_archives() || is_search()):?>

<?php the_title(); ?>

<?php endif;?> ` That will give you the same thing for tag, category, archives and search pages. what css did you use to try and make it bigger?

webbdo

Hi! It??s not working in archive, tags or search.... Massage1: Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_tags() in /home/webbdo/public_html/wp-content/themes/iblogpro1/library/_posts.php on line 33 I used this in H1: class="pagetitle", class="ftitle" and class="ftitle" all gets smal. Regards P

bryan-hadaway

Hi, you'll need to wait for continued developer assistance, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask if this is for SEO purposes? If this is why you'd like to do this then I wanted to let you know that this will not help, H1 is reserved for the title of the site, with this method you'll end up with two H1 tags, which doesn't help anything. Anyways, please bump your topic so the developers see that you need continued assistance. Thanks, Bryan

webbdo

Hi! If I have defoult there is no H1 in "posts". Only the defoult H2. Thats why I want to change it. So do you have any other solution for me? Regards P

cmunns

My mistake, change `is_tags` to `is_tag` and that should be fixed. What is this, however, H1: class="pagetitle", class="ftitle" and class="ftitle" all gets smal. Is this what you put in the css? or in the PHP? In both cases it's wrong but if I knew where it's supposed to go I could help.

webbdo

Hi! That did fix it! Exampel:

<h1 class="pagetitle">Webbhotell f?¶r din blogg och hemsida</h1>

(this I have put in content.) I do not want to change sixe in the hole H1 tag, only in post. Not on pages. How can I do that? P.S. There is no other H1 on posts? D.S.

bryan-hadaway

Again, for your peace of mind, the way I explained it is correct. Only the very top website/blog title is H1. You are correct, the post titles are not H1, they are H2 as they should be. SEO wise and structure wise, this is correct and good. If you make all of your post titles H1 this would actually be bad or neutral in SEO regards, it would definitely not help. If you simply want your post titles to be styled how the site title is, we would use a different method. If you're still convinced the structure is messed up, please provide a link, and I'll check it out and let you know for sure. Thanks, Bryan

webbdo

Hi! In my SEO tests all pages shoud have an unik H1 tag. So I want that every page on my site shod have an H1 not just the main page. So how am i gonna fix this? Site: webbdo.se

cmunns

Hey Pierre, I don't understand

I do not want to change sixe in the hole H1 tag, only in post. Not on pages. How can I do that?
That code should get it working on just the post pages. If the only thing that's wrong is that you have it pages as well then we can add one more conditional so... ` <?php if (is_single()):?>

<?php the_title(); ?>

<?php elseif (is_home() || is_category() || is_tags() || is_archives() || is_search() || is_page()):?>

<?php the_title(); ?>

<?php endif;?> `

webbdo

Hi! All that works fine now... But the only thing I now want is to make "H1 in post" bigger. Now it??s smal I think. So how am I gonna make H1 bigger as it is on main page? Regards P

cmunns

Use this CSS in THEME OPTIONS > CUSTOM CODE > CUSTOM CSS `.post-title h1 {font-size:25px;}`