Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Space Below Footer Area

5 posts in this topic

On my website there's space below the footer area. Here's what I know about the space:

1) it is 20px high

2) it appears on every page, regardless of page template, content height, or enabled features

3) it displays the page background color, but does not display the repeating background image

4) if the PageLines Leaf icon (#cred) is displayed (which I have turned off), it enlarges this area, and the leaf appears centered within.

What I would like to do is eliminate this space, so that my footer (and beside the footer, my background image) form the lowest edge of the page. A picture of this nefarious space is included for reference:

Hi, There isn't space at your footer, the issue you have is you have no content in your footer all your content appears to be in your page template area. I recommend you add some content to your footer. This is why the space is removed when the cred is active.

Thank you for identifying the space - that helps a lot.
I guess the next question is, how do I make the footer completely disappear? I prefer the typical footer information to appear in the universal sidebar I (had forgotten that I) was using, so that the repeating background image extends to the bottom of the page, even in the footer section. I tried "#footer {display: none}" but that didn't seem to do the trick.

Fair enough - I ended up having the page background image repeat in the footer space as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Stange footer issue
      By abuzzelli+
      I'm having an issue with a site I'm working on. The widgets in the footer area are showing up wrong on the home page, but look right on the rest of the pages. I tried deactivating plugins that might be causing the issue, but can't figure it out. Any ideas?

• Footer on Posts & Category's not displaying correctly
      By ccimala1+
      Hello, first time posting in the forum so sorry in advance if I didn't follow a rule properly. Recently just finished building my first site using DMS2 after using PageLines for the past few years. I was able to do everything fine, but I noticed that on any Post or Category pages, the columizer in the footer in not displaying the 4 columns correctly. On all other pages it displays properly. Looking at the generated code, it appears as though one column never gets the div class "span3" which is what is causing the issue. Not sure if I just have a setting wrong somewhere, or anyone else has had this issue.  <- Homepage with footer acting normal <- Example of footer not displaying properly

Thank you in advance!
    • Footer
      By Digital805
      Can you please direct me how to update the footer information that is currently on my site at I can't believe how non-intuitive this system is and how many hours I have spent trying to figure out simple tasks, and I've been using WP for 5 years! I can add information to the footer, such as columnizer. Default information is in these sections but I have no clue how to edit them.
    • DMS Footer - Hide on specific pages or posts? not working as it should
      By Lisa Haran+
      This should be really simple but I cannot currently do this.
      I have designed a footer, and I want it on every page except the homepage.
      So on the homepage , I go to the footer and in the standard options and type in 1724, which is the ID of homepage, I type this in the field "hide on specific pages" and so it disappears on this page AND for some reason all other pages.
      Also if I go back into the footer and remove 1724, you would think all the content I had placed in the footer would reappear but NOPE it's all disappeared so have to generate the footer content again. What am I doing wrong please?
    • Duplicate Footer Issues
      By davidvidgen+
      I'm having an issue with the footer in DMS
      For whatever reason I have two identical footers, any updates made to either and they appear in both! If I delete the top one and publish changes, on refresh it reappears. If I delete the bottom one, publish and refresh, I end up with two blank footers! 
      Has anybody else experienced this problem, if so, any ideas on a fix?