Sign in to follow this  
ginnywills

Facebook Like Button Shortcode

ginnywills    0
ginnywills

I am using the shortcode you provide to include sharing buttons on my pages.  Everything works fine apart from the Facebook Like Button.  When clicked, you are supposed to get a window that allows you to write a personal comment before posting.  Mine is limited to 75 px because of a SPAN tag and is therefore cut off.  

Why is it limited and how to change?

http://gcitdev.com/gcit/services/computer-network-support/

Thanks,

Ginny

catrina    103
catrina

Can you please take a screenshot of the issue? (I can't see it since I don't use Facebook)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ginnywills    0
ginnywills

Screenshot is attached.  Its tiny though because I can only upload a 38K file.  Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ginny

post-41948-0-76339600-1367943311_thumb.p

James B    436
James B

Hi Ginny

You'll be able to edit the span using css to adjust the width of the comment area. I don't think this is how that area is supposed to display by default though. Unfortunately I don't use facebook either, but will find a member of the team who does and get them to check this out for you and advise further.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

ginnywills    0
ginnywills

I would think this is definitely not the way the default should be.  The facebook button is the only one with a span to define it.  The other buttons don't have it.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Upgrade to the latest version of PageLines Framework, you're currently using 2.4, the latest version is 2.4.1 and see if that resolves the issue.

If it doesn't, add this to your custom CSS and see if this resolves the issue.

#site .fb_iframe_widget iframe {
width: 450px;
max-width: 450px;
}

Please search our forums, before posting!

ginnywills    0
ginnywills

The CSS resolved the issue.  Thanks.

I tried to update the theme version but it said I have no new updates available?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Go to Appearances > Themes, there should be a notification that the theme needs updating.

If that doesn't appear, you may need to disable all non-PageLines plugins, as you're definitely using 2.4 and the latest version is 2.4.1.

I have marked the topic as resolved but also reported it as a possible issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      We're often working with ACF (https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/) that's great for user experience in the backend, 'cause we don't want out clients to be in the editor to much.
      So we want to be able to use shortcodes in the editor fields, regardless of section, THIS WOULD BE SO GREAT. Is there a way to fix this, it should open up som much more functionality.
      In ACF, the shortcode is for example: 
      [acf field="field_name"] ...for example, I want to att field_names value to display in a section, i understand I can make it in embed and so, but I want it in titles and options, the whole range.
      I know I can build my own sections, that we've done, but it's not very effective, and thats what PL5 is about.
      Any ideas on this, can Pagelines take this in the core? I guessing there are more than just ACF out there who can use this.

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Regarding the 'global option' mentioned by Simon in this previous post (to turn off the facebook opengraph data if you are using another plugin that provides it) ...where is this option? I don't seem to be able to find it.
      Many thanks in advance.

• jojoking
      By jojoking+
      I have to admit to being baffled.
      I'm trying to embed a video (from my WP media library) within a WP post using the videobox section shortcode.
      The shortcode section popup only allows two items to be configured - the section type, in this case videobox - and a unique id. There's no URL or other parameters such as autoplay or loop which are available within the Pagelines editor.
      Whatever I put in the unique ID makes no difference to what is shown which seems to be a default video with stars or white noise on a black background.
      I assume I need to define this ID somewhere else, or maybe WP has done it for me?
      HELP!

PS This is the page source generated when a shortcode is added within the WP post editor
      <!-- VideoBox | Section --> <section id="videobox_1675853156" class="pl-sn pl-col-sm-12 pl-col-sm-offset-0 pl-sn-videobox" data-object="PL_VideoBox" data-clone="1675853156" data-level="0"><div class="pl-sn-wrap"><div class="pl-sn-pad fix" data-bind="pledit: true" > <div class="video-highlight"><h3 class="video-title" data-bind="pltext: vb_title"></h3></div> <div class="pl-video-box" data-bind="plcallback: { vb_autoplay: vb_autoplay(), vb_loop: vb_loop(), vb_controls: vb_controls(), vb_video: vb_video()}" data-callback="videobox"> <video id="280414138" autoplay loop > <source src="https://www.handinhandmanchester.org.uk/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-videobox/default.mp4?r=280414138" type="video/mp4" /> No browser html5 video. </video> <script> jQuery('#280414138')[0].load(); </script> </div> </div></div></section> </div>  
      If I add a videobox section using the Pagelines page editor the page source generated includes my video:
      <!-- VideoBox | Section --> <section id="videobox_udvu4uz" class="pl-sn pl-col-sm-12 pl-col-sm-offset-0 pl-sn-videobox" data-object="PL_VideoBox" data-clone="udvu4uz" data-level="0"><div class="pl-sn-wrap"><div class="pl-sn-pad fix" data-bind="pledit: true" > <div class="video-highlight"><h3 class="video-title" data-bind="pltext: vb_title"></h3></div> <div class="pl-video-box" data-bind="plcallback: { vb_autoplay: vb_autoplay(), vb_loop: vb_loop(), vb_controls: vb_controls(), vb_video: vb_video()}" data-callback="videobox"> <video id="429558737" autoplay loop > <source src="https://www.handinhandmanchester.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/HIHWelcome.mp4?r=429558737" type="video/mp4" /> No browser html5 video. </video> <script> jQuery('#429558737')[0].load(); </script> </div> </div></div></section>  
    • bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      On my site www.anewbeginning.com the "toggle" function mysteriously stopped working.  I have tried all browsers, tried disabling plugins, removing all the relevant CSS but still cant understand why it isn't working.
      The toggle is placed on this page: http://anewbeginning.com/?page_id=15965 and http://anewbeginning.com/?page_id=10779 but it does not display.
      On my other Platform5 websites, that exact code works fine: see here http://4aa.d11.myftpupload.com/?page_id=123
      Code is the same. Please help, thank you!
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I'm sure this is just user fatigue...but where is the setting to delete the Facebook button in the Splash section of Teamwork? You'd think it would be in the Splash area, but it seems
      to be hiding elsewhere!  You can barely see it... I didn't even notice it until I changed the image.