sedique

Black Background shows behind .png Images

sedique    0
sedique

I am using pagelines and when i put a .png file on the page (in the feature), i keep getting a black background behind it. How do i get it to stop doing that?

batman    389
batman

Hi sedique

Can you provide a link to your website please.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

sedique    0
sedique

Okay, i sent it to your private message.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

The reason why you have a black background is that the Feature Slider area has a black overlay image as well as box shadow CSS. In order to remove these effects, you will need to use custom CSS.

I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the features sections to find the correct code. If you're new to these types of tools, I recommend you use Google Chromes web dev tool and see this free online tutorial/course.

http://discover-devtools.codeschool.com/

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Please search our forums, before posting!

Tang    3
Tang

Try to put in this as Custom-CSS to remove framework black canvas for the feature slider - Pagelines Customize Plugin recommended:

#feature_slider #feature-area {
    background: none;
}

this gives you full transparency, but the websites Background may shine through now - even through your .png, if it has transparency. You may also play around with box-shadow and border-radius in Firefox or Chrome Web Dev Tool. I'm not a moderator, but went thru this myself - so I can share it with you.

Rob    547
Rob

You appear to be using Quickslider now, and not the Feature slider. The text box next to it is a text widget in the sidebar. The CSS for that is:

.textwidget {
    background-color: #F2F2F2;
    border-radius: 4px 4px 4px 4px;
    padding-right: 10px;
    text-align: left;
}

I don't see any black or grey background, except behind the text in the sidebar widget.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur