Sign in to follow this  
WebIT

Break Line between feature boxes and page content

WebIT

a line has appeared between my feature boxes and page content on my order pet sitting web page. I'd also like each topic on that page (ie pet sitting, dog walking) to appear like a post with space between. This page is my e-junkie cart and is just too crowded. Right now they are blockquotes inside blockquotes. Any ideas?

cmunns

You could actually create a post category for shopping and have them actually be posts, but this may not work since each item would then have a single post page as well?? For the feature boxes, do you have any empty or drafted boxes?

cmunns

Not sure why they are there. You could try backing up your features then restoring from back up. Or use this CSS hack ` .fboxes {display:none;} .fboxes:first-child {display:block;} `

WebIT

this css hack removed one of the fboxes. line is gone tho, but i need the fboxes. thanks

WebIT

add to above: this css hack removed one of the fboxes on my main page, which has two sets of fboxes. line is gone tho, but i need the 2 fboxes on the main page. http://www.capek9cardio.com

Andrew

Beautiful Site Jason, Do you have four fboxes set up? That might be the issue... If not; try this... In template_fboxes.php find this code: `

` then change to: `
` Then we will be able to use custom css to hide just that line

WebIT

ok..i'll do that. thanks for the fast response (as always). should the custom code be the previous recommendation: .fboxes {display:none;} .fboxes:first-child {display:block;}

Andrew

no it will be different. Do that and then I'll tell you what to add :)

WebIT

i did the above and my fboxes (two sets of 3) were removed from my home page below my slider. (horizontal line is gone tho, just need those fboxes).

cmunns

Jason. I see the two sets are fine. Now to get rid of the line use `.fboxes .3 {display:none;}`

Andrew

hahahahaah Adam, Adam for shame... it's `.fboxes.3{display: none}`

WebIT

sorry to consume so much energy for one line...but it's still not working.

Andrew

Ok change the code to this: `

` then hide: `body .fboxes.boxcount_3{display: none}`

WebIT

ok. here is my new code in template_fboxes.php: <div class="clear"></div> <div class="fboxes fix boxcount_<?php echo $count;?>"> <div class="fboxdividers fix"> Then custom code is: body .fboxes.boxcount_3{display: none}

WebIT

we must be close here. this procedure removed the line, but one of my fboxes (i had 2 sets of 3) was also removed. any suggestions on how to keep the 2 sets of fboxes on my main page and /client page while deleting the horizontal line?

Andrew

ya use Firebug to find the page id: page-id-1829 and hide only on that page: `.page-id-1829 .fboxes.boxcount_3{display: none}`

WebIT

pure genius. thanks for sticking with me on this :)

matimes

I have the same problem : an empty fboxes div box appears after the previous ones. Do you have another fix than css hacks ?