Sign in to follow this  
infoventureweddingphotographyc

Can a Paypal button also attach sender info?

Hi all, I am hoping that someone can help me with this issue. I want to put a button on my site, basically a Paypal "buy now" button. But, before pressing that button I want the user to fill in a couple of fields, or example: Your Name Studio Name Mac or PC Is there any way that I can achieve this? Thanks a lot! Stacey

bryan-hadaway

Yes, in your PayPal account go to: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_button-designer&factory_type=buynow And there will be a wizard to create your button, there will be a checkbox to state that you need their name and mailing address. You should be able to create the options/notes for Studio Name? and Mac or PC? Thanks, Bryan

Excellent Brian. I was actually wanting the info to be collected on the site where the button lives, as opposed to being collected at the Paypal end. Possible? If not, the paypal end will do. Thanks again.

cmunns

It's highly unlikely considering sharing information between websites is not normal.

ah, ok. Thanks

bryan-hadaway

PayPal just updated their checkout system, so there may be even more features now. Not to worry though, when using PayPal it isn't necessary to take pertinent address info on your end, this isn't even normal or convenient. If the person has PayPal already, they know the drill, they log into their account and pay with all of their info automatically being supplied to you. If they don't use PayPal they will fill out a credit card payment form with their pertinent info like most other websites. In fact it would probably make it a bit confusing and less convenient to ask for the address on your end as it's not necessary and it may end up with them filling it out twice. You're in the clear and good to go. Thanks, Bryan

Excellent Brian! Thanks.