Sign in to follow this  
integritymediacorp

Space between Content & Footer

integritymediacorp    0
integritymediacorp

Hi,

How I can remove the space between content and footer?

or

make it responsive by vertically?

Screen-shot-2013-04-19-at-3.01.01-PM.png

Thank you!

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

You can do this by adjusting the height set in the .mcolumn-pad class in the css. The background for the mcolumn pad will by default only cover the the area directly behind the content, but editing it will css you'll be able to extend this.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

integritymediacorp    0
integritymediacorp

so I did

.mcolumn-pad {
   height: auto; 
  }

but it's nothing changed, maybe I did something wrong...

integritymediacorp    0
integritymediacorp

Please add #page before .mcolumn-pad like this:

#page .mcolumn-pad

Nothing...

When I change the browser size. my content box (with image) goes up and I need that he was at the same place as in full scale..

see attachments.

Thank you!

post-49245-0-70173200-1366655139_thumb.p

post-49245-0-60256800-1366655148_thumb.p

catrina    103
catrina

Did you also include this after #page .mcolumn-pad?:

{
  }

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

integritymediacorp    0
integritymediacorp

sure

#page .mcolumn-pad {
  }

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

I just checked your site on my Android phone, and see that you have several responsiveness issues. I suspect that some of them are coming from using full-width images. Instead of trying to make the site mobile as it is, try disabling mobile view in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options and it may appear much better on mobile devices.

This may help keep the full site visible.  Presently, I can't read the title of your site in mobile view, as the image is 'scrunched' (for lack of another technical term).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

integritymediacorp    0
integritymediacorp

Hi,

I just checked your site on my Android phone, and see that you have several responsiveness issues. I suspect that some of them are coming from using full-width images. Instead of trying to make the site mobile as it is, try disabling mobile view in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options and it may appear much better on mobile devices.

This may help keep the full site visible.  Presently, I can't read the title of your site in mobile view, as the image is 'scrunched' (for lack of another technical term).

Hi Rob,

thank you, but it's another issue. I need figure out issue with space between content and footer when you changed scale your browser..

Rob    547
Rob

The gap between the content area white box and the footer is probably due to a min-height tag floating about somewhere. Have you seen this someplace? It's usually 400px.

It could be happening on a specific type of page or template.

integritymediacorp    0
integritymediacorp

The gap between the content area white box and the footer is probably due to a min-height tag floating about somewhere. Have you seen this someplace? It's usually 400px.

yes size it is 400px, but when we fix the size of it can't be responsive and still when you change the browser scale this gap appears..

Rob    547
Rob

If you change 400px to auto, or lower the value from 400px to 200px, then it helps responsiveness.

integritymediacorp    0
integritymediacorp

I already have it:

#page .mcolumn-pad {
  }

and I need put here min-height: 400px; ?

Rob    547
Rob

No.  I'm sorry. You're misunderstanding me.

There's probably another element, somewhere in your site or page's CSS that is currently using the min-height tag.  By default, that is min-height: 400px;

When you find that using Chrome's Inspection Tool or Firebug for Firefox, you change it to min-height: 200px; or min-height: auto;

Do not add min-height: 400px;  anywhere as this will further add to your design problems.

integritymediacorp    0
integritymediacorp

No.  I'm sorry. You're misunderstanding me.

There's probably another element, somewhere in your site or page's CSS that is currently using the min-height tag.  By default, that is min-height: 400px;

When you find that using Chrome's Inspection Tool or Firebug for Firefox, you change it to min-height: 200px; or min-height: auto;

Do not add min-height: 400px;  anywhere as this will further add to your design problems.

I already used Firebug for Chrome and I didn't find "min-height" anywhere

maybe something else?

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

Setting the height in the mcolumn-pad you'll need to use a static pixel figure, if you use something like 100% or auto then it will only fill the available area the content covers, which is what it's set to do anyway so you won't notice any difference. Using a set figure of 500-600px you'll see a difference, then you can tailor the figure to suit your design.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

integritymediacorp    0
integritymediacorp

Hi there,

Setting the height in the mcolumn-pad you'll need to use a static pixel figure, if you use something like 100% or auto then it will only fill the available area the content covers, which is what it's set to do anyway so you won't notice any difference. Using a set figure of 500-600px you'll see a difference, then you can tailor the figure to suit your design.

Thank you James! Fixed it!