suzyo    1
suzyo

I can't exclude a widget from search results using Widget Logic, because search results is not exactly a page with an ID, is this correct?

Or does it have an ID? 

James B    436
James B

Hi Suzy,

I've not used widget logic before, so I'm not sure what it excepts but, if it's a text widget then that will have an li ID. Like

http://screencast.com/t/0pbanbZVN

Otherwise you can hide the widget on the search page using css and the class .search setting the widget to display:none

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

catrina    103
catrina

Do you need further assistance with this issue or can this topic be marked as resolved?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      The featured images from the search results page seem to be missing - the featured images are there when you view the individual posts and on the Magazine section blog page but there are broken links on the Search Results page. See screen shot...
      WP - 4.4.2
      Platform5 - 5.0.132
      Can provide a link to the site privately.
      Many thanks in advance.

• Redita
      By Redita
      Hello everyone, my first post here with something that is really strange:

The search is either returning results for words that are not present in the page (actually  the results snippets shows a very old version of the page, like 2 weeks old). In another case the search returns no results at all. 

My web: http://nexinteractive.heidicruz.com/outbound/ 

Two examples to replicate the problem using the search box on the nav bar on top:

1. Search for the word "local". You'll get 1 result, cool. But the snippet in the results page is of an old version of the page!! Click on it and it takes you to a page titled Outbound. The problem: the word "local" is nowhere in the page. It was in an older version of an iBox, which was modified and no longer contains the word "local". 

2. Now search for the word "skill". You'll get 0 results. But that word is in an iBox in the page titled Inbound. Same structure as the Outbound page.

Thank you in advance for any help you guys could give.
      --------
      My settings right now:

a. I have this option active in the Pro plugin "Enable WordPress search to look inside section content, eg. textbox/hero/etc. DMS2 Only"
      b. DMS2 version 2.1.8
      c. Wordpress 4.0
      d. Active Plugins: Contact Form 7, DMS Professional Tools, Google Analytics by Yoast, Pagelines Updater, Wordpress Importer.
      e. Debug mode: ON
    • TOUCH Broward
      By TOUCH Broward
      Hi, I recently encountered this crazy bug when I use the search field in the Navi section. 

A. What I did: 

I clicked on the navi search icon and ran a search for the term "FLIPANY"

B. What happened:

The search results page displays a navi menu with page links I do not have in my wordpress menu...

It should look like this:

And instead, it's adding two pages that are NOT part of the wordpress menu assigned to my navi menu (see this pic):

C. Then I ran a different search, for the term "earn a bike", and the navi menu displays properly

D. Then I ran a third search, for "ymca" and the issue got even worse! it seems to be displaying ALL, or at least as many pages as the screen can fit, of the wordpress pages on my website, see pic:

I believe if you head on over to my site: TOUCHBroward.org and repeat the above steps you will be able to replicate the results.

I am running DMS version 2.1.1... This bug occurs both when I'm logged into Wordpress Dashboard, and logged out.

If you keep running searches you will find that the problem variates, it adds different pages to the navi menu, some searches come out fine... please adivise, seach is used by our readers often and this problem is obviously unacceptable...

Thanks
    • dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      What's the best way to get custom post types with different taxonomies/terms to display different widgets in the sidebars?   For example, I've created a custom post type for Market Updates with a (hierarchical) taxonomy of Property Types.   I've got 3 different Property Types: Detached Homes Townhouses Condominiums I've created 3 different sidebars using the Sidebar Manager Light plugin: each one named for the above-noted Property Types.   I've created 3 different Views using WP Toolset Views for each Property Type.   I've added the Views to the sidebars in the WordPress widget area.   I'm trying to use the Widgetizer section in the sidebar of each Property Type to display only the same types of properties (i.e., I only want Detached Homes Property Types to display in the sidebar of a Detached Homes custom post type).   But it's not happening for me.   No matter what, I get the same widgets in the sidebars of different pages (so Detached Homes shows up in the sidebar of Townhouses and Condominiums).   I don't seem to be intellectually capable of figuring out how to get specific widgets to show up in the sidebars of specific custom post types (and only in those sidebars).   I've tried Widget Logic (the plugin) with conditional tags and have tried custom templates but I can't get it to work and it's doing my head in.   The site`s still under development but here`s a link to a page about Detached Homes, in case it helps: http://abbotsfordrealestate.co/market-updates/detached-homes-may-2014/   Can anybody tell me what I am missing / doing wrong?   Thanks
    • franckhelin
      By franckhelin
      Hello,    I use an older version of Pagelines (v 2.4). I have trouble getting Widget Logic. Indeed, there are only the functioning conditions Post. The rest does not work (category, etc..) I think it is a conflict with other plugins but I'm not sure. Can someone help me to debug? Thank you.