Sign in to follow this  
triggeru571

Boxes slug overwrites custom post type slugs

triggeru571

Hi there, I am running Pagelines Version 2.4.1 on wordpress 3.5.1 together with toolset (wp-types). 

I had a Custom Type Post called Phuket with the slug being phuket. The post was fine untill I added a Box to appear under top destinations. I called the box Phuket and left the slug empty. Once I published the box, the actual custom post type vanised. I checked in the database and the box has the slug "phuket" (which was supposed to be reserved for the post, while the actual post became a revision.

Could this be a bug?

Thanks

Danny

HI,

When you say you added a Box what are you referring to and also when you also left the slug empty. Can you provide more information please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

triggeru571

OK Pagelines has what it calles Boxes. You create a Box Set, then the content for that box.

So from the Box Link on the wordpress menu, I clicked Add New Box. I added the Box title Phuket. There is no place in the Box to enter a slug (so I did not leave it blank as previously mentioned. I just cannot fill it in). I also added my description and uploaded image. I then assigned the Box to it's Box Set. Finally I published it.

Later I realised that a Post Custom Type with the title of Phuket was missing from my posts.

When I went into the database I noticed that the Box I created had the slug Phuket, while my original post of Phuket was changed as a revision.

Danny

I have just this moment created a custom post type called Movies and created a movie post called Scarface. I then created a new box called Movies and added it to a box set. Both the Movie custom post type was visible as was the Box, so I am not able to recreate the problem.

If I have followed your steps correctly, then the issue may be related to plugins. Therefore, disable all non-PageLines plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

triggeru571

OK I will check with toolset guys too then. If you do not mind I will leave this topic open till I hear from them.

Danny

OK, keep us posted.