Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Custom wp_query in a specific page template

5 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask a question about wp_query for  a page template. 

So  this is the scenario:

I have a custom post type called "POSITIONS" . This is created using the magic field plugin .

Magic Field Plugin  -

In this page -

You can see at the bottom the five positions from the custom post type.  -

This is shown through (see screencast for clear explanation)-

Specific page template -

So my question is how to make it show like 20 positions instead of 5. Clearly it is not doable via  options.

My idea is to code a custom wp_query in a specific page template.

I know how to code this in other themes but I browsed through the pagelines framework php files I am having a hard time.

Can anyone help me about this?

Replies much appreciated. 

Can you add the code you're currently using to our paste service please so we can take a closer look.

nvm I ended up writing my own wp_query. Thanks for the reply! :)

Ok, thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Page Content Disappeared when Logged In
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      I am having a unique problem in which our website is appearing correctly when I am logged out of DMS but when I am logged in and view the front of the site the main content area disappears. The page content still exists in the WP editor in the backend but from the front everything disappears. This happens on almost all the main pages but not on every single one which made me think it was a template problem but this is happening across several templates, not just a single one. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
      I am attaching screenshots of the same page when I am logged out versus when I am logged in. Thanks so much in advance for the help!

• Custom design for different category pages
      By mzhafzah
      I am using DMS 2 theme and I want to create a 2 different links on my website; each link should take you to a different blog post category. Although the process is easy, yet I can not figure out how to give each category page a unique design of its own; Any change I make on any page is applied to the other (I'm aware of the universal elements like the header and footer and I a am not talking about these.)
      Since I am new to wordpress in general, I am not sure if my description is sufficient; apologies if it is not.
    • Modify WP Loop Section to Display Posts and Pages?
      By eusebius+
      I recently added a function that allowed me to use the same tag taxonomy for both posts and pages. Thank God, it is working well.
      Now, I want to modify the standard post loop in the WP Loop section to show both of those post types whenever I navigate to the archive of one of those tags. After researching a bit, I found what I believe is the right code from the Codex and have tried to include it in section.php of my overridden section, but it doesn't seem to work. Here is what I have beginning from about Line 156:
      /* * Standard loop. */ // The Query function standard_loop() { $args = array('post_type' => array( 'post', 'page' )); $query = new WP_Query( $args ); if( $query->have_posts() ) while ( $query->have_posts() ) : the_post(); the_content(); endwhile; } function loop(){ $count = 0; global $plpg; if( have_posts() ) while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); $count++; $format = get_post_format(); What am I doing wrong?
      Thanks in advance.
    • Multiple Archive Templates?
      By jennajonesdesign
      Is it possible to have multiple archive templates? Sometimes I don't like to have all of my posts grouped together. On the current site I am working on we have a "Job Openings" section completely separate from a "News and Events" section. All I am trying to do is add a different header to each section, but even when I save as separate templates they keep over-riding each other. I am unlocking first. 
      Is this just error on my part, or is it not currently an option to have multiple archive templates?
      Let me know! Thanks!
    • How would I build this?
      By abuzzelli+
      How would I build a page like this so the content would be editable in wordpress?
      The page scrolls down and there are many sections. I'm not sure how to set up a pagelines template that can be used on many pages that would also be editable in either wordpress pages, posts or widgets. Any suggestions?